PDA

View Full Version : Are all Woodies such optimists ?

Alan Hibbard
23rd April 2003, 12:31 AM
I saw this again the other day and now kind Neil has provided a place for it to be shared :)

Dean
23rd April 2003, 12:58 PM
There was an even funnier (but true) story to this picture that I can't recall, but the back seat was piled up with bags of concrete or something equally heavy as well.

Gotta wonder about these types of people :)

Eastie
23rd April 2003, 01:50 PM
I can't find the file I had of it but there was supposedly 500+kg of cement in the back along with the stumps and a good 200+kg of strip flooring on top. Both rear tyres had blown and the shockers had been dislodged. The car is still running with the blokes missus/girl friend asleep in the front passenger seat - the cops picked up the driver running around the parking lot. They were supposedly drugged up to the eye balls and had set of to build themselves a little crack house out in the bush.
The store they bought the stuff from didn't want to load it for them but after discussions with the manager they made the bloke sign a waiver against damages just to get rid of him.

DaveInOz
24th April 2003, 11:03 AM
The car is still running, as can be witnessed by the exhaust. A woman is either asleep or otherwise out in the front seat passenger side. The guy driving it was jogging up and down on Rt. 925. (in the background) Witnesses said their physical state was OTHER than normal. The driver finally came back after the police were called, and was found crouched behind the rear of the car, attempting to cut the twine around the load! Luckily, the police stopped him and had the load removed. The materials were loaded at Home Depot. Their store manager said they had the customer sign a waiver. While the plywood and 2X4s are fairly obvious, what you can't see is the back seat, which contains -- are you ready for this? -- 10 bags of concrete @ 80 lbs. each. They estimated the load weight at 3000 lbs. Both back tires exploded, the wheels bent and the back shocks were driven through the floorboard. The car, with FL plates (naturally), was headed for Annapolis, where the couple presumably planned to build a new house in which to smoke their crack.

John Saxton
25th April 2003, 01:29 PM
Stupidity Knows no bounds , why did'nt he hire a U-haul trailer or truck?

Dean
25th April 2003, 04:41 PM
If he hired one, that would mean less money for drugs :)
Gotta get the priorities right you know!

Dazza007
26th April 2003, 12:24 AM
:D Greetings Woodies,
This pic is why I drive a 543 cc (half litre) Mighty Boy Ute! You can fit more than this on it!

My fellow Woodies at Queenslands' Bayside Woodturners and Woodcrafters Club http://users.tpg.com.au/baywood have often seen me with a load of dry or freshly felled timber on the back of my Mighty Boy, aka "The Kenworth":p

Cheers!

DavidG
26th April 2003, 09:39 PM
S... happens

coastie
26th April 2003, 11:07 PM
Looks like a Baghdad looter

DavidG
3rd May 2003, 08:51 PM
Overload??

Dazza007
3rd May 2003, 10:49 PM
What the.......

You win!!!! That is definately "overloaded".