PDA

View Full Version : Timber...best places to purchase????WA

kekemo
18th November 2006, 10:27 AM
I am really interested in purchasing bulk supply of pine...:confused:

Yes Pine timber...thought everyone here could help me track down the best place to purchase a pack.....thats about 250 lengths of

19mm x 70mm x 1.5m or 1.8m lengths. :rolleyes:

I really need this timber to start making screens. Best price I can get in Mandurah at about $1.50 per meter. I dont have the contacts to find out if this is a good price...any ideas???
Please give me some places to follow up. Oh, sorry that's Western Australia.....regards KEKEMO:cool:

Pops
18th November 2006, 02:32 PM
Hi Kerry,

I did go hunting pine for roof battons some time ago and found that most places were fairly competitive, i.e. not a lot of variation in price. But I then resorted to auctions here in Perth. Checked the Saturday's paper and went to Ross's and Arrow I think where I picked up a couple of packs of 90 x 45 very cheap. I know that is too big for you but it is worth checking the auctions just in case, sure there must be some in your neck of the woods. I'm not much help but just a thought anyway.

Loved the day at your place by the way. Thanks.

Cheers
Pops

malhyp
19th November 2006, 08:46 PM
Hi there kekemo, you should try Pine Timber Products in Maddington, they are pretty good on price.

Cheers
Malcolm
www.timberseek.com.au (http://www.timberseek.com.au)