PDA

View Full Version : interesting

hughie
19th November 2006, 04:35 PM
Heres a site that has an interesting idea. I Like the product, but not the price.

http://www.mychoice.firebridge.com.au/xcart/home.php?cat=270&gclid=CNLdiv6u0ogCFSV6YAodEnmsNw

SawDustSniffer
19th November 2006, 04:45 PM
if you used one of these and later entered a comp' would you have to state , Nice Jarra natural eadged bowl with mass produced "Stephen Hughes " inlay ????

nice idear though , would have to send some time making your own $16 odd bucks is a good price i thought , but it's mass produced

rsser
19th November 2006, 06:16 PM
Not my cup of arabica but a neat idea.

Scan your coat of arms and send it in for a laser cut version.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
20th November 2006, 12:31 AM
This is the sort of thing I'd rather do on my own scrollsaw... Sure, $16- is cheap(ish) for what it is, but it is only a copy of someone elses' design..

It only takes a couple of hours to cut your own and you know it will be unique. What price that?

hughie
20th November 2006, 12:54 AM
I guess I should have been a little more specific. Given the flexibility of a laser I would have preferred to see a great more detail.Its all in the software,what you can see below is the result of cnc software. A bit too detailed for me.

If I was going to buy one of these I would like to be a good deal better than I could produce myself.

Skew is right scrollsaw would do the job and it is probably with in the skill set of most on this forum.I am reluctant to buy one of these and also copyright etc wouldnt help either. I just found the idea interesting, but did not express it that well.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
20th November 2006, 01:18 AM
I guess I should have been a little more specific. Given the flexibility of a laser I would have preferred to see a great more detail.Its all in the software,what you can see below is the result of cnc software. A bit too detailed for me.

Now those pieces I'd have no qualm whatsoever about buying! I'd never in a million years be able to get that detail.

I wonder what a batch of maker's marks about the size of 20c coins would cost? They'd be perfect to go under bowls and hide the holes when I go too deep in a hollow form... :o