PDA

View Full Version : First!

Groggy
19th November 2006, 10:13 PM
First post :D:D:D

Great, a new video forum! Here's a link to another (http://www.miterclamp.com)to get things started.

Stuart
20th November 2006, 12:06 AM
:D Had to be one :D

Stuart
20th November 2006, 12:56 AM
Ok, I've just finished the rather large task of taking the original video links thread, and splitting up each video post into its own thread - hope that makes it easier for everyone.

One benefit - you can now make comments about videos in the relevant thread, as it will no longer confuse the issue and make the actual videos harder to find. Please don't start new threads in that section though - a new thread there is only for a new video.

I have closed the original comments thread - it was getting way to long an unwieldy. We now have an entire section for threads about that, rather than a single massive thread!

Feel free to request new videos, general comments, ask for help downloading etc. I'm sure someone will write a new, better set of instructions that we can then stick at the top of the forum! Comments about specific videos already produced can be made in the thread about that video!

All in all, hopefully this makes it easier for everyone.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
20th November 2006, 01:13 AM
Are we still going to have the on announcement thread? Or are we going to have to keep an eye on each sub-forum?

And what the #$%^ is early daze doing there? :eek:

Stuart
20th November 2006, 01:18 AM
Nup - all the stuff relevant to the Ubeaut Forums videos are now here.

So now it is no different to any other category - when there is a new video, it will be in a new thread, and will appear in the Show New Posts search like any other.

If you want notification, you can always subscribe to the FTP thread - when there is a new video, Groggy is sure to put it up on his FTP server pretty soon after, and modify that thread, so you can still get the notification via email that way.

Early Daze..... :D
Reminds me - I better go find Gumby's singing efforts - can't let that hide and disappear from the collective!

Stuart
20th November 2006, 01:24 AM
Hmm - very strange - it seems to have disappeared without a trace...... Gumby!

Wood Butcher
20th November 2006, 08:16 AM
Don't stress Stu. Found it!!!!:D:D

Gumby's Interlude (http://woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=40952)

Stuart
20th November 2006, 10:36 AM
Can't let that gem slip under the radar!

keith53
20th November 2006, 10:50 AM
You blokes have done a really fine job here. My sincere thanks and I'm sure many others feel the same way.

John Saxton
20th November 2006, 01:03 PM
You blokes have done a really fine job here. My sincere thanks and I'm sure many others feel the same way.

My sentiments exaclty,a real big thanks to all you guys who have taken the time and the trouble to put together these WW videos.
Also a thank-you to Gumby :D for the well put together interlude.

Cheers:)

Simomatra
31st December 2006, 05:57 PM

Just started downloading the videos, finally, had a lot of trouble with zone alarm

A big thank you to all invilved in the set up and distribution its fantastic

Much appreciated

Specila big thanks to Neil for hosting us

Gumby
1st January 2007, 06:35 PM
Just started downloading the videos, finally, had a lot of trouble with zone alarm

A big thank you to all invilved in the set up and distribution its fantastic

Much appreciated

Specila big thanks to Neil for hosting us

Glad you like them Sam, can you tell us what you did to Zone Alarm. A few others have mentioned that they had ZA problems, so maybe your fix could help.

Simomatra
1st January 2007, 07:00 PM
Glad you like them Sam, can you tell us what you did to Zone Alarm. A few others have mentioned that they had ZA problems, so maybe your fix could help.

Zone alarm was totally choking my system I have removed it and all is working perfect. It seems I had too much protection

Thanks again, up to part 3 of Neil's. It has really opened the grey area of finishing for me. I finally know what to order

Cliff Rogers
1st January 2007, 11:36 PM
I still have Zone Alarm installed & working.
I didn't have too much of a problem with it & I can't even remember what I did to make it work. :?

The only think I have found to be a problem is my in house mail box stops accepting mail while I'm seeding. That is weird & I don't know why but it doens't bother me too much.