PDA

View Full Version : still goin on the goblets

beginner
20th November 2006, 09:17 PM
i made a coupla more goblets recently, im obsessed with them. The first one is my first attempt at lidded goblet and i think that i did quite well. when i showed it to my sister she said "it could be used as lethal weapon with that point on it". i just laughed. the second goblet is nother first attempt... i did a captive ring. The photos are bad quality so i will try to get some better ones in soon hopefully.

ss_11000
20th November 2006, 09:26 PM
nice work. you seem to get a good finish on them

joe greiner
20th November 2006, 10:12 PM
Excellent profile on the captive ring. Did you use a captive ring scraper? If so, I guess I'll have to get one. If not, I'm in shock!

Joe

Skew ChiDAMN!!
20th November 2006, 10:15 PM
i made a coupla more goblets recently, im obsessed with them.

Welcome to my world. :) Whenever I've got a blank mounted and no idea what I'm going to turn, it always becomes (yet another) goblet. :D

Good efforts! Have you tried a double-ended goblet yet? Now they're a challenge to mount securely!

joe greiner
20th November 2006, 10:19 PM
Challenge to mount a double-ended goblet? Challenge to drink out of it too.

Joe

hughie
21st November 2006, 12:24 AM
I always like to see the results of somebody elses obsession :) Nice one, I see you went to the school of fine pic taking as myself. :D

ss_11000
21st November 2006, 03:19 PM
Good efforts! Have you tried a double-ended goblet yet? Now they're a challenge to mount securely!

are ther pics floating around?

beginner
21st November 2006, 03:57 PM
hey. the captive ring was made with a tool that my dad made out of an old chisel. he just ground it into a half moon type shape aand it works brilliantly, exept that you have to have two of them to do the job. and joe if you have any pics of ur double ended goblet please show us.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
21st November 2006, 06:50 PM
Sorry, no pics. But I'll turn another the next time I get a chance. :)

joe greiner
21st November 2006, 10:19 PM
Not my double-ender. Skew's. Don't hold your breath.:D

Joe