PDA

View Full Version : Epoxy supplier west side of Melb GPO

Banjo
30th April 2003, 06:50 PM
G'day all,
I'm in the early stages of building my mid life yacht ;-) I live near the Melb airport and have been trecking across town to get my epoxy. Anyone know of somewhere nearer to me where I can get epoxy from at reasonable prices?

Biggles
30th April 2003, 11:34 PM
Hi Banjo.
Was talking to a friend about filling redgum and he advised West system 2 part Epoxy. Gave me the details.....hmm now were were they?????? ah! here they are!!
Saint-Gobain RF Pty Ltd - Resin and Fibreglass Sales 635 Queensbury St Nth Melbourne Tel (03)93290111
Hope this may help???:)

Banjo
1st May 2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Biggles
Hi Banjo.

Saint-Gobain RF Pty Ltd - Resin and Fibreglass Sales 635 Queensbury St Nth Melbourne Tel (03)93290111
Hope this may help???:)

G'day Biggles, thanks for the reply. I have been going to McDonnel Marine in City Rd Sth Melb, they have Botecote which is ok too, but I was trying to find somewhere closer to home. I hate going anywhere near the city.... Maybe the company you listed above is cheaper so I will get in touch with them.

Thanks again for your assistance.

woodymarts
5th June 2004, 05:24 AM
hi banjo,
great name going off the subject my late farther in law made hi own five sting blue grass banjo so i am not sure about the anser to your qwestion .
woodymarts

bitingmidge
5th June 2004, 08:06 AM
Banjo,

Headquarters for BoteCote is Marine Timbers (http://www.marinetimbers.com.au/) in Mulgrave who are the head "francisee" for Boat Craft Pacific. If you buy epoxy in larger lots you'll find you will save LOTS of money!

Take one big trip. They can help you with how much you need for the job, and you'll save money as well.....They have other bits and pieces as well, including ply and other timber.

How about more info on the boat please?

Cheers,

P