PDA

View Full Version : has Carbatec Melbourne closed down?

EMistral
22nd November 2006, 01:52 PM
Hi guys,

I was driving the other day in springvale when I noticed that there was a big "For Lease" sign where carbatec in springvale was or is.
It looked like empty inside.
A couple of weeks before my girlfriend was also driving around that area when she saw an auction sign on the windows.
has carbatec closed down? or relocated?
if so we are they now?
I have not read the posts for the past 2 weeks and I could not see any thread regarding that matter.
if it has definately closed down, what good woodworking tool shop are you guy going now?
Thanks
Eric

har616
22nd November 2006, 01:59 PM
When I drove past last week I noticed the sign however it also stated that there was a confirmed lease.

I would expect that there is no change with Carbatec other than their landlord changing.

DJ’s Timber
22nd November 2006, 01:59 PM
I was in there yesterday and THERE WAS definitly no sign of closing down, in fact they were rearranging some of their display and are now getting some labeling done on the shelves with prices.

Ian Smith
22nd November 2006, 02:00 PM
Well, I just called them and they tell me that they are alive and well and living at 80-82 Osborne Ave Springvale - 1800 558 426

Ian

Gumby
22nd November 2006, 02:00 PM
News to me. Last time I was there it was getting bigger and better. More stock, looked busy. That was only a month or so ago.

Sounds like the owners of the factory are taking advantage of the lease and selling up. No problem for the tenants though, they stay on.

martrix
22nd November 2006, 02:25 PM
Lease is not changing, just the property for sale (http://www.propertylook.com.au/listing/default.asp?lk=68914).

Must be worth a pretty penny:)

Lumber Bunker
23rd November 2006, 05:25 PM
Do you see the rent that Carbatec pay!
wow! thats a lot sales just to cover the rent!
$128,780pa

We're lucky we don't a building that big!

Gumby
23rd November 2006, 05:45 PM
So work that out at around 7.5% return and the building is worth around 1.7M

Is that rent including outgoings ?

baxter
23rd November 2006, 07:58 PM
Do you see the rent that Carbatec pay!
wow! thats a lot sales just to cover the rent!
$128,780pa

We're lucky we don't a building that big!

Come on Steve, you have been open for around 6 months, you are probably turning that amount over per week:D :D :D - just dreaming he replies.:cool:

old_picker
23rd November 2006, 09:08 PM
Seems to be more cars in carbatec's car park each time i go there.

Went out to Hare and Forbes at dandenong today.
Wow that place is huge.

A lot of metalworking stuff and a range of bandsaws, tablesaws etc but not much in the way of hand tools for woodies.