PDA

View Full Version : Blog/Stor - Converting my 6x3m shed into an office

inflex
26th November 2006, 12:50 PM
G'day everyone, after wrangling around trying to pick up a good deal on containers or wooden homes, I've ended up resigning to working with a 6x3m shed that already exists on the property (in exchange for buying a new 4x3m for the parents in law).

This thread will be used to keep you up to date with what's happening during the conversion process.

I'll also have a WWW page/site setup to document it :)

Some images are attached - full album is at http://pldaniels.com/theshed/va.php?photoalbum=2006112601

... and will be growing rather rapidly as I work on things.

Paul

inflex
27th November 2006, 12:05 PM
Wow, it's amazing how much crap builds up in these things. Not sure why I'm bothering to move this stuff from one shed to another, I should just stop at the ute and dump it all - really, if you don't want/see stuff for 3 years, it's most probably crap you'll never use *sigh* (not mine, so I can't throw it).

Anyhow, I can finally start to see some clear wall and floor space, this is a nice change :)

I'm wondering if for the wall/slab junction if I should use some sort of expanding foam or similar sealant. I've noticed there's a few termite tracks (we're in termite territory here in a major way) and there's also water seeping back in (judging by the various water marks).

Paul.