PDA

View Full Version : Incra SE1000 & Mitre Express

Tex79
27th November 2006, 08:21 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm heading over to the states in a few weeks and plan on purchasing an Incra SE1000 from Woodcraft. I've also noticed that they currently have a deal with the Mitre Express for an extra $120AUD. Is the express worth the extra money? What advantages does it give you over the SE1000 alone?
Any feedback or experiences would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Evan :)

Honorary Bloke
27th November 2006, 09:09 AM
The Incra Miter Express is essentially a pre-built crosscut sled. If you can build your own (or care to), it is unnecessary. But . . . if, like me, you prefer to build projects rather than fixtures, it is the bee's knees. I love mine and use it constantly in conjunction with my Incra 3000 Mitre Gauge to achieve fast, accurate mitre joints. The adjustments in the slide that rides in the mitre slot on the TS make for a tight fit with no "slop" and results in repeatable cuts that are dead on. :)

(No ties with Incra, blah, blah, blah.) :p

Tex79
28th November 2006, 09:34 AM
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the feedback, the Express sounds like the go (especially at those prices). If I can talk the missus out of buying too many clothes I might be able to squeeze one into the suitcase!!

Cheers,

Evan

Tex79
28th December 2006, 12:02 PM
Yay, I got them. Couldn't resist.
Sorry guys I couldn't help the gloat, and a bargain, and..... I also had SWmBo's blessings.
Have a great new year.

Cheers,

Evan

Dangermouse
28th December 2006, 12:48 PM
Good score Evan.
Have fun with it in the new year...