PDA

View Full Version : Project complete...3 down

fanlee
29th November 2006, 10:07 AM
This is my knock off of a CS336 which is a scaled down shape of an ES335. It is also constructed differently,,,as mine is...:D

Warmoth Neck: Mahogany with Ebony fingerboard, bound

Scale: 24 ¾”
Body: Queensland Maple 1 piece centre block and rim, Top and back laminate of Queensland Maple. Very shallow carve on top.

Tuners: Schaller, locking

Pickups Neck: Lindy Fralin Humbucker - 8K

Bridge: Lindy Fralin Humbucker - 9K

Bridge,Tailpiece: Gotoh tune-O-matic. TonePros locking tailpiece Studs

Strap pins: Schaller Strap Lock

Wiring: 1 vol (treble roll off) 2 tone. Coil cut. 3 way P/U Selector

Finish Neck: Water-soluble dye stains on timber, then 'hard’shellac. Satin finish as per p64 Polishers’ Handbook. Headstock rubbed to
gloss.

Water soluble dye stain on timber, shellac seal, Spray can VHT nitrocellulose lacquer rubbed 600 up to 1200 grit, then
Meguair’s Mirror Glaze No 2, No9, No7

Body: Water-soluble dye stains on timber, filled sanded & restained, (D Erlewine method 4) shellac seal, Then sprayed with
nitrocellulose lacquer. Rubbed to gloss.

The big surpise is how good this sounds acoustically. Qld Maple is used by Maton so maybe I should have expected this.

This guitar is mine which I will use at various gigs about the place. The others are for my daughters.

Thanks a million to all the forum members who helped at various stages.

RobSm

TassieKiwi
29th November 2006, 10:35 AM
Wonderful creation. Lucky daughters - what's planned for thetm?

martrix
29th November 2006, 11:02 AM
Congratulations, that is one fine Axe you have crafted. You should be well proud.

At a guess, how much do you think it cost you in materials and hardware?..........( i don't think i wanna know:( )

Malibu
29th November 2006, 11:16 AM
That looks great. I love the gold fittings too, it adds a touch of real class to it!

fanlee
29th November 2006, 12:45 PM
Congratulations, that is one fine Axe you have crafted. You should be well proud.

At a guess, how much do you think it cost you in materials and hardware?..........( i don't think i wanna know:( )

Aus $859.00

Time of course is not calculated. Add a bit more for finishing stuff..shellac dyes....SANDPAPER...& nitro cans & we're still under Aus$1000.00.

RobSm

ss_11000
29th November 2006, 04:39 PM
wow that looks awesome:cool: