PDA

View Full Version : Woodfast lathes

Solutions Aust
7th December 2006, 10:37 AM
Hi Turners,
Woodfast lathes are back. Yes they are now being manufactured in China by one of the countries established high quality manufacturers.
Woodfast Australia provides full technical design, final product inspection and testing for the factory.
Twenty inch swing capacity, all electronic model and the new twelve inch capacity Midi which has more to offer than the little mini's are going great.
Early 2007 will see another twenty inch capacity model with swivel Headstock become available.
Trust this info clears the air for many of you.
Cheers.:)

keith53
7th December 2006, 10:41 AM
So, have you got any pics or pricing?

powderpost
7th December 2006, 11:03 AM
I have been using woodfast lathes since 1982. They have done a LOT of work and has not needed any repairs. Added a new model, the electronic variable speed version, to the workshop in about 1993. It proved to be a very good machine too. Also found the company a very good to deal with. If the new products are as good as the old lines, then they will shake up the market. Sounds like a sales pitch, but I haven't any business relations with Woodfast, only a very, very, satisfied customer.
Jim

Hardenfast
7th December 2006, 05:12 PM
Hi Woodfast. Good to see you guys are still around, albeit in circumstances to suit business in the world of "Everything Asian" (well, almost).

Do you still support your great older machinery users with parts and accessories etc? How does one contact you guys? Do you have a website, or mail-outs?

Jackson
7th December 2006, 05:52 PM
I've had a Woodfast for years also and while the lathe has been good, I have never been able to find any product support. I bought the last of the old green M910s that Carba Tech had on the floor and didn't get an owner's manual. At times that would have been useful. Are we going to access material like that - perhaps via a web site?

Slow6
7th December 2006, 07:15 PM
Gday Mr Fast.

I too own a couple of oldies and was glad to lay eyes on your stand at the woodshow in vic recently.
I was also just chatting to a bloke whos scored an ex school woodfast at a good price.

I too hope you (as it sounded like you do indeed do) support the old machines. I think you'll have a bit of a market in blokes like me.

The new yellow beast I looked at seemed to me to be of the same quality as the older woodfasts and I dare say I'd be giving you blokes a call when it comes time to buy a new lathe.

now... where do I sign up for the catalouge?? the 1975 one I got with my lathe has been read to death.

TTIT
7th December 2006, 11:47 PM
Early 2007 will see another twenty inch capacity model with swivel Headstock become available.
If it comes in a variable speed model, I could be your first customer!!! Got any more details on it???

hughie
8th December 2006, 12:28 AM
Woodfast lathes are back. Yes they are now being manufactured in China by one of the countries established high quality manufacturers.
Woodfast Australia provides full technical design, final product inspection and testing for the factory.
Twenty inch swing capacity, all electronic model and the new twelve inch capacity Midi which has more to offer than the little mini's are going great.

Mr Woodfast,
You got any pics or maybe a web site? T'would be good, nothing like a pic or two to get the enthusiasm up and running

Solutions Aust
11th December 2006, 12:48 PM

Mr Woodfast,
You got any pics or maybe a web site? T'would be good, nothing like a pic or two to get the enthusiasm up and running

Mr Hughie
Web site under construction. Should be with a couple of weeks.
Woodfast Aust :)

hughie
11th December 2006, 12:57 PM
[
Web site under construction. Should be with a couple of weeks.

Excellent, look forward to it. I am sure if you give the forum the heads up it will thorughly perused, thanks again. :D :D

Solutions Aust
11th December 2006, 01:12 PM
If it comes in a variable speed model, I could be your first customer!!! Got any more details on it???

Dear TTIT
Yes it will come with variable speed and as soon as we have all the spec's we will post them.
Woodfast Aust:)

Solutions Aust
11th December 2006, 01:17 PM
Gday Mr Fast.

I too own a couple of oldies and was glad to lay eyes on your stand at the woodshow in vic recently.
I was also just chatting to a bloke whos scored an ex school woodfast at a good price.

I too hope you (as it sounded like you do indeed do) support the old machines. I think you'll have a bit of a market in blokes like me.

The new yellow beast I looked at seemed to me to be of the same quality as the older woodfasts and I dare say I'd be giving you blokes a call when it comes time to buy a new lathe.

now... where do I sign up for the catalouge?? the 1975 one I got with my lathe has been read to death.

Hi Slow6
Catalogue will be obsoleted by the introduction of our web site.

Slow6
11th December 2006, 02:12 PM
Hi Slow6
Catalogue will be obsoleted by the introduction of our web site.

ripper :)

SawDustSniffer
11th December 2006, 04:29 PM
Cheers.:)

well i'm gonna start saving

cince I cant look at any wood lathes in Darwin but GMC's (Bunnings ) can you arange freight to NT

do you do deals on lathe ,extention bed , stand , 2 tool rest's , live /dead and chuck tail stocks (morse taper 2 ), 4 SN2 chucks ( dove tail 1&2 inch , cole , and a jaw less chuck ) and a vermec Deep hollowing set .

i have chisels and timber (and a dinalink lathe that i will tow to the dump on a rope behind the car )

i bet the extra's cost more than the lathe

Solutions Aust
12th December 2006, 11:07 AM
well i'm gonna start saving

cince I cant look at any wood lathes in Darwin but GMC's (Bunnings ) can you arange freight to NT

do you do deals on lathe ,extention bed , stand , 2 tool rest's , live /dead and chuck tail stocks (morse taper 2 ), 4 SN2 chucks ( dove tail 1&2 inch , cole , and a jaw less chuck ) and a vermec Deep hollowing set .

i have chisels and timber (and a dinalink lathe that i will tow to the dump on a rope behind the car )

i bet the extra's cost more than the lathe

Hi SawDustSnifer
Yes we can arrange freight to NT. We freight product all around Australia
and we can do deals on lathes hope this has aswered your questions.

Keep on Turning

OGYT
12th December 2006, 11:56 AM
Question for you, Mr. Woodfast: Is the Woodfast you're speaking of any kin to the Rikon? When a friend (who wants to buy a lathe) was searching the net, at my suggestion he typed in "woodfast", and got a connection with "Rikon/Woodfast". Just curious.

Don Nethercott
12th December 2006, 08:30 PM
I have had a Woodfast lathe for about 7 years and recently needed some parts (belt finally wore out and I busted the tool rest -forgot to rest the gouge on it before digging in).

Rang them and had the parts in a couple of days. They also sent a few leaflets of other parts and accessories. Prices seemed reasonable to me. So I can recommend them for their service.

Their contacts are Ph 08-845 2577 Fax 08-8268 2708
Email [email protected]

Don

GC
12th December 2006, 10:25 PM
hmmm,

i'd be interested to find out details and prices.

GC

Jim Carroll
13th December 2006, 07:40 AM
Al you are right Rikon manufacture the woodfast lathes, paint them green for your market and Yelow for ours.

Solutions Aust
13th December 2006, 12:28 PM
Question for you, Mr. Woodfast: Is the Woodfast you're speaking of any kin to the Rikon? When a friend (who wants to buy a lathe) was searching the net, at my suggestion he typed in "woodfast", and got a connection with "Rikon/Woodfast". Just curious.

Hi
The Woodfast Woodlathe is marketed in USA by Rikon but maufactured in China With Woodfast Aust technical input using same Quality Standard and Electronic Runnig Gear hope this anwsers your Question

OGYT
13th December 2006, 02:31 PM
Yep, Thanks to Woodfast Aust, and Jim, my curiosity is salved. I'll pass it on to my friend. He's recently turned his third bowl on Old Griz, and is wanting his own lathe. (Gettin' another hooked!) :o)

RETIRED
13th December 2006, 05:38 PM
Yep, Thanks to Woodfast Aust, and Jim, my curiosity is salved. I'll pass it on to my friend. He's recently turned his third bowl on Old Griz, and is wanting his own lathe. (Gettin' another hooked!) :o)You evil person, luring an innocent into the "black arts":D

OGYT
14th December 2006, 01:38 PM
You evil person, luring an innocent into the "black arts":D

Ah, well, we try... really do.:D
Maybe get enough interested to start a club.;)

TTIT
15th December 2006, 02:21 PM
Dear TTIT
Yes it will come with variable speed and as soon as we have all the spec's we will post them.
Woodfast Aust:)My wallet is startin' to burn a hole in my pocket and I'm itchin' to get myself a new lathe for xmas. Been doing hours and hours of research and have 'almost' decided which way to go :confused: - but your variable speed 20" with a swivel headstock sounds too close to the mark to ignore. Have you got a timeline for some info or even a picture of the beast Mr Woodfast???

(Yes, I am an impatient bugga! Can't deny it! :o )

SawDustSniffer
15th December 2006, 08:58 PM
a pic would be great
same here but will by a new lath in the new year ( end Jan ) ,have narrowed it down to a Nova DVR or ( would like to see the wood fast vairable seed model )
im impatient as well ,but cant go to a store to see a decent lathe here in darwin the only lathes are GMC's at bunnings ( leave a depost and well get one up , no we dont have info ?? )

Jim Carroll
17th December 2006, 04:12 PM
Here is a link to the Woodfast lathes

http://cws.au.com/cgi/index.cgi/shopfront/view_by_category?category_id=1107146613

Solutions Aust
17th December 2006, 06:19 PM
Hi Woodies, just letting you know that the new Woodfast Australia website is up and running at www.woodfast.com.au. (http://www.woodfast.com.au/)

It's only pretty basic at the moment but should give you a taste of what we have and it will be continually expanded upon. Check back soon for updates.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year from Woodfast Australia :)