PDA

View Full Version : My First Boxes

mlsa
11th December 2006, 05:26 AM
It's scary to post pictures when you are a beginner and there is so much talent in this forum but I guess I have to start somewhere.

This first picture is the first box I ever made. Very plain other than I inlayed some walnut stripes just to see if I could do it.

The other pictures are of a box I made a friend of mine who is an author. It's made from Lacewood and Bubinga. I inlayed lacewood on the top to offset the red color of the bubinga. I then downloaded a picture of the cover of her first book she had published and centered it inside the inlay. It's also the first time I had worked with splines.

Boxinator
11th December 2006, 06:21 AM
Your first box was fantastic. I wouldn't of tried inlaying something like that on my first one! It turned out great. The box for your freind looks great and what a cool idea!

Corey

RufflyRustic
11th December 2006, 11:27 AM
MLSA, If these are your first boxes - look out world, we have another very artistic boxmaker here :D

Keep em coming. Your work is beautiful. I love the little special touches you add that make them even more unique.

cheers
Wendy

Billylad
11th December 2006, 09:29 PM
If that is no 1,like to see no 2 3

Sculptured Box
12th December 2006, 07:03 AM
mlsa

Three stripes and you are in, nice work.

Welcome to the Box Makers forum!

Gecko
13th December 2006, 02:08 AM
Well done. If those are first works, you definatley have the touch for boxes. Cant wait to see more.

AlexS
13th December 2006, 10:05 PM
Nice boxes MLSA, welcome to the black art.:D