PDA

View Full Version : Damn..

Shedhand
12th December 2006, 12:02 AM
Cut myself again..bugger it. Tried to lift a new melamine carcase with paper dry hands. Too heavy for my weak grip and it slipped between the first 2 fingers of my left hand and sliced the webbing to the bone. :eek: Just got back from the hospital. 3 stitches but no permanent damage. :(

Skew ChiDAMN!!
12th December 2006, 12:23 AM
[Wince.]

Been there, done that, you've got my complete sympathies.

martrix
12th December 2006, 12:31 AM
yeouch!http://www.ubeaut.biz/banghead.gif...

If not arrised, that stuff can cut like glass..Do you still have use of your hand?
Or is it just a ploy to get some extra couch time for the third test?:D

RufflyRustic
12th December 2006, 08:29 AM
Geez Sheddie! Glad to hear you are ok though. Hope it heals quickly.

Cheers
Wendy

bennylaird
12th December 2006, 08:30 AM
Bugr.

jmk89
12th December 2006, 08:32 AM
Yeow!
Hope your back in the shed soon.
BTW I hope you didn't mark the work or get any blood on tools - they rust!!!

Shedhand
12th December 2006, 09:06 AM
yeouch!http://www.ubeaut.biz/banghead.gif...

If not arrised, that stuff can cut like glass..Do you still have use of your hand?
Or is it just a ploy to get some extra couch time for the third test?:Dsshhhhh! ;)

bennylaird
12th December 2006, 09:10 AM
Only two sleeps to go:D :D :D

Ask Terry but I'm sure 3 stiches does require at least 7 more days of rest and some liquid sedative taken in a comfy chair with visual stimulation:D :D :D

Shedhand
12th December 2006, 09:10 AM
thnx for the sympathies guys. At least it wasn't the web between my thumb and first. Bloody diabetes will make it slower to heal. :mad: Hooray for stem cell research. There's hope for all us sufferers now. :o I can still do stuff in the shed. I'll tape the pinkies together and take a Bex.

Shedhand
12th December 2006, 09:12 AM
Terry - is that the correct prognosis? If so send your response to [email protected]

MurrayD99
12th December 2006, 09:28 AM
Maate! Pour something nice on it - from the inside.

coastie
12th December 2006, 11:51 AM
Grandaughter (7) just been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes,I'm completely shattered,her life expectancy has been cut in half,unless a cure is found for it.Her mother is a no junk food addict,so how did it happen?:mad:

bennylaird
12th December 2006, 11:55 AM
Geez mate, terrible news. I'm sure they will find a cure soon and she will be fine, good luck.

Shedhand
12th December 2006, 02:13 PM
Grandaughter (7) just been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes,I'm completely shattered,her life expectancy has been cut in half,unless a cure is found for it.Her mother is a no junk food addict,so how did it happen?:mad:
Mate. All is not lost. Thousands of people live with Diabetes Type 1. And now thanks to the decent and sensible members of the Federal Parliament (of all political parties) Stem Cell research will find a cure. She's only 7 mate. They'll cure her before I die (which is sooner than I'd like). :( Her meds, a good diet and plenty of exercise will see her through it.

Wood Butcher
12th December 2006, 03:58 PM
Coastie,

My sister is a type 1 and she is fit, healthy and will live a long long time. It is all about management and learning everything. There is also new information coming out all of the time that improves diabetics lives too.

Don't give up!!

Slow6
12th December 2006, 08:13 PM
sliced the webbing to the bone.

awwwww... by balls just went numb:o

BobL
13th December 2006, 10:49 AM
. . . . Tried to lift a new melamine carcase with paper dry hands. . . . . .(

SO there is a benefit in being sweaty handed!

Full sympathies mate, and hope you can can get back to the tool making sometime soon.