PDA

View Full Version : kicked by a horse

ROB NZ
19th December 2006, 08:04 PM
its only relevant to woodworking because i cant complete some lathe work expected for xmas pressies,(and can only type with the left hand - hence no caps).

u never know when murphy is going to wreak havoc, but he called today. an old reliable horse i've handled often, evaded me while i was putting a few sheep away. i caught him, led him to a new paddock, let him go - he kicked up his heels in delight and galloped off, but caught me on the right wrist, which just shielded my face - knocked me over however.
i'm o.k , xrayed, but hand splinted, nothing broken, split lip, and pride shattered.

lucky! a cautionary tale for woodies who have to be near horses.

what i know about horses is that they are dangerous at both ends and uncomfortable in the middle.

messages of sympathy are not solicited

best wishes for christmas to all

cheers

rob nz

ozwinner
19th December 2006, 08:20 PM
Just as well you didnt cop it in the nether regions..:eek: :eek:

Al :eek:

Grunt
19th December 2006, 08:31 PM
Thanks, I spend far too much time around horses for my liking.
We've collected another on the weekend. I want to know why one is never enough.

John Saxton
19th December 2006, 08:45 PM
Rob, commiserations on the inadvertant love prod from the horse,however hope your Xmas and the pressies work out for you and you're back in your shed soon.

Cheers:)

ROB NZ
20th December 2006, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the good wishes. After a quiet day contemplating my near miss
Im feeling a lot better. Cheers, and best wishes for Xmas and the N.Yr

ROB NZ:)

ciscokid
25th December 2006, 05:15 AM
Thanks, I spend far too much time around horses for my liking.
We've collected another on the weekend. I want to know why one is never enough.

I with you, Grunt. My missus has six.

If I owned the entire state of Texas, there wouldn't be a horse in it....

Doughboy
25th December 2006, 08:49 AM
Horses are like dogs in our family. If they are not useful then they are not kept.

My olds have a clydesdale 5 years old for snigging logs out of the bush and getting fresh water up from the creek to fill the house tank and they also have two others one is a 3 parts Arabian and 1 part thoroughbred 8 years old the other a 2/3 Arabian and 1/3 thoroughbred 7 years old and they are both used for endurance riding. If you cant get down on your knees and crawl between the legs of any one of the horses then they are deemed 'not suitable' for keeping and turned over pretty quick. I would never worry about my five year old around any of them, they dont kick, bite pig root, buck or jump for that matter.

They tend not to build up a 'collection' because of their 'earn your keep' attitude.

Pete

Iain
27th December 2006, 07:15 PM
10 and rising, had a few close calls but never a full on kick yet, been bitten a couple of time and that really bloody hurts, and been stood on a few times plus had one fall on me and break 8 ribs and right wrist (mine not his:( )

DavidG
27th December 2006, 08:00 PM
Brings back memories :eek: Bad ones.........

Grunt
27th December 2006, 09:05 PM
Horses are like dogs in our family. If they are not useful then they are not kept.

Maybe I should have a few words to my 2. Pretty bloody useless but I kind a like 'em.

Buzza
29th December 2006, 09:56 PM
Over here in South Australia, we've gone over to motor cars, although they can boil over and the radiator can give a nasty steam burn.:;

Iain
30th December 2006, 08:28 AM
No good here I'm afraid, we haven't had Plume Motor Spirit for some years now:p

Farm boy
1st January 2007, 01:12 AM
my minature is like a big puppy except when there is mollasses and grain in his feed bin ,then you leave him in peace:D
man they love there food