PDA

View Full Version : Drama's Drama's and more drama's!

Wild Dingo
17th May 2003, 03:24 AM
I hate Paypal!... or anything else that demands a credit card number to serve a customer!

Recently I had cause to want to sign up for a paypal account {thats the one that is used on ebay a lot} as Id been told by an American mate that it was simple easy and you could send money without the need for a credit card... so anyways as I said I had a need to get some money to a fella in Canada and another in the states and then yet another in the states... yeah bad international day for me!

So I looked through the site and thought okay why not... went down the bank set up a separate account with just a bit more than I would need once conversion from AUD to USD was taken into account then thinking once done Id close the account with Paypal and the one at the bank end and done... easy eh?!

Well it was... input the bank account number when they asked for it... no worries fill all the other gumph in and gets an account... send an email of to the people overseas to get their correct email address {work or home as the case may be} and once done I did a check that I had funds in the paypal account I could use... no worries it states that I had up to 750USD before I would have to give them my credit card details great thats just a bit more than I would need and I had just given them my bank account details... so I hit the send money button fill out the form with the recievers email address the way the ask... and gets an error message!! "you need to inform us of your current credit card account number before you can send this amount" eh??

So go for a hunt around the site... again... read everything on the site... again... then I find it... a note stating to the effect that American people can input their bank account numbers and NOT verify by inputting their credit card numbers but international people must do BOTH to validate their account!!

Geeezus~!! they want your bank account number AND your credit card number??? !! No flamin way!!!

So I cancelled the paypal account and then the bank account and sent International Money Orders instead!!

I mean for cryin out loud they have a bank account number!! Why the blazes do they need a credit card number for??!!

I was a bit p*****d off when it happened basically because it caused some embarressment for myself with the three people I sent money too today... but well Im always messin up and embarressin meself so thats really no big deal people kinda expect it I guess :rolleyes: ...it was more the fact that I dont have a flamin credit card to give them a ruddy number!... and have no intention of being coerced into getting one when Ive already given them a flamin bank account number! :mad:

Well thats me rant! ...aaahhh feel much better now and will feel even more bedderer when what I ordered arrives in a few short weeks!! ;)... thanks for lettin me get that off me chest! :D

oooh and whats this to do with wood? :confused: the money that was sent was for wooden boat plans, books and other items!! ... tada!! met the criteria for posting this here! :D