PDA

View Full Version : Up and Running-Almost

Little Festo
21st December 2006, 12:40 PM
Well just about setup the new workshop. Almost all of the major eqipment is in place, just need to move the "old lathe' up from the temp workshop and put in some more storage shelves and cupboards. Enzo from Vermec delivered the new Stubby (woodturning lathe) yesterday (my early Chrissy pres from the Misses).

Peter

Tex B
21st December 2006, 02:41 PM
Looks like luxury to me, Peter. Very nice. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Couldn't help but notice a lot of the equipment was on wheels. Do you move that stuff much?

Tex

ss_11000
21st December 2006, 06:34 PM
now that is a great shed.
what an awesome bandsaw, i've seen bigger i think. i saw a three foot bs once. how big is that one?
looks like a lot of sawdust is gonna happen there...enjoy

cheers :)

Little Festo
21st December 2006, 11:56 PM
now that is a great shed.
what an awesome bandsaw, i've seen bigger i think. i saw a three foot bs once. how big is that one?
looks like a lot of sawdust is gonna happen there...enjoy

cheers :)

Hello Stirlo,

Not too sure about the wheel diameter, I think it's at least 20" but the throat is 350mm. I've been doing quite a bit of resawing but mostly use it for cutting blanks. Unfortunatly I could only get single phase in the shed, was quoted $12,000 to get 3 phase. I figured that I didn't need it that badly, so there is only a 3 hp motor on the bandsaw but that seems to be enough.

Peter

Peter

Wongo
22nd December 2006, 07:10 AM
Great workshop.

Iain
22nd December 2006, 07:32 AM
Biggest bandsaw I have seen is in Myrtleford, has about 5' wheels, no cover and I would not go anywhere near it when running.
A local cabinet maker still uses it.
Was in his workshop when he bought it, stands about 10-12' high, but the 'no guards' really worry me if the band decided to slip off.
Nice set up though but looks disgustingly clean;)

bitingmidge
22nd December 2006, 07:40 AM
A belated welcome to the Sunny Coast Peter!

I suppose I should chastise you for posting the pics with the view though.
Do you want everyone to come here??

Cheers,

P
:D :D :D

TassieKiwi
22nd December 2006, 07:49 AM
Warning......power tool !

Seriously good stuff there Pete - I'm picking that your ol' lady understands your passion! Enjoy.

D

BobL
22nd December 2006, 09:53 AM
I really like the space in your shed and that lathe looks like a beauty!

Merry Xmas!

Rocker
22nd December 2006, 11:20 AM
Great shed, and nice equipment:)

Rocker (Another former Darwinian)

martrix
22nd December 2006, 11:42 AM
Awesome lathe! What is the motor for on the base of the lathe?

As for the workshop, you sure you're telling the truthhttp://www.ubeaut.biz/ohreally.gif that your workshop is on this planet? Because it looks like heaven to mehttp://www.ubeaut.biz/fly2.gif.

Little Festo
22nd December 2006, 12:33 PM
Awesome lathe! What is the motor for on the base of the lathe?

As for the workshop, you sure you're telling the truthhttp://www.ubeaut.biz/ohreally.gif that your workshop is on this planet? Because it looks like heaven to mehttp://www.ubeaut.biz/fly2.gif.

Hello Martrix,

The stubby has a inbuilt vac chuck system. That motor is a vac pump.

Peter

Harry72
22nd December 2006, 08:25 PM
Sweet workshop, the stubbie has a huge looking motor for a lathe... how many Hp?

Rossluck
26th December 2006, 03:29 PM
Very impressive, Peter. Good on ya.

Little Festo
26th January 2007, 01:38 AM
Sweet workshop, the stubbie has a huge looking motor for a lathe... how many Hp?

Harry,

The stubby has a 3HP motor with a upgraded pulley system. I have a centre saver that i intend to use with the lathe.

Peter

Wild Dingo
26th January 2007, 07:51 PM
Talk about a bloody aweflamin brilliant shed mate!! :2tsup: And the tools aint to shabby either :;

As for the veiw? nah its Queensland and bein as it is Queensland one really cant expect any better eh? :;

And if I was in a shed with a bandsaw without a cover over the ruddy blade Id be runnin the other damned direction too!! :o so call me a weak livered pussy footed wumpus whimp of the worst sort :B I DONT CARE!! :~ An open bandsaw with an open blade just invitin the gawds of blood letting is asking the buggars to milk me dry! :C

Felder
29th January 2007, 10:10 AM
:clap3: Lovely looking bandsaw! Nice dust-extraction, too! :clap3:

I trust Derek looked after you well? :rolleyes:

Little Festo
29th January 2007, 10:33 AM
:clap3: Lovely looking bandsaw! Nice dust-extraction, too! :clap3:

I trust Derek looked after you well? :rolleyes:

Yes Derek certainly gives good service. The bandsaw is really good. I've always wanted a good one and this one certainly is, almost no vibration, really smooth, been cutting lots of turning blanks and also some re-sawing. The 350mm depth of cut is certainly a blessing.

Dust extractor is good too - plenty of 'suck".

peter