PDA

View Full Version : Got My New Stubby

Little Festo
21st December 2006, 12:57 PM
Finally arrived, Enzo from Vermec delivered it yesterday evening. Attached images are of the "virgin" lathe. She's a beauty.

Peter

lubbing5cherubs
21st December 2006, 01:42 PM
Peter she is gorgeous. She will go for years for you
Toni

Toolin Around
21st December 2006, 01:46 PM
Hmm looks good - so when can we come and have look

RETIRED
21st December 2006, 02:04 PM
Like the view outside the door.:D

OGYT
21st December 2006, 02:13 PM
Me too, . Beautiful lathe, but way more beautiful countryside. QLD must be somewhere awesome! :o)

TassieKiwi
21st December 2006, 02:53 PM
Pretty lathe, pretty view!

Here's the view from our dunny in Tassie :rolleyes: :

rsser
21st December 2006, 02:54 PM
Congrats on your black beast!

What are the Vermec mods? Better indexing clearly, and different electronics?

ptc
21st December 2006, 04:36 PM
Ern steady !
you do not need another one yet.

ptc
21st December 2006, 04:37 PM
Festo.
I see the storm did not get you.

rsser
21st December 2006, 05:18 PM
Ern steady !
you do not need another one yet.

lol, no, it's just curiosity.

Next investment will be a light engine crane so the bl**dy big blanks can be mounted.

rsser
21st December 2006, 05:22 PM
Pretty lathe, pretty view!

Here's the view from our dunny in Tassie :rolleyes: :

Gee TK, might be worth having your bladder checked out

SawDustSniffer
21st December 2006, 07:00 PM
nice lathe , well done on the choseing

no wonder someone said there was no way to compare the Stubbies to the DVR , D10 Caterpiller ver's little sports car

ince view ,is that a glasshouse mountain in the back ground ?

BernieP
21st December 2006, 07:18 PM
G'Day Festo

Great lathe, never seen one before thanks for the pics

Cheers
Bernie

Skew ChiDAMN!!
21st December 2006, 07:22 PM
Next investment will be a light engine crane so the bl**dy big blanks can be mounted.

Given any thought to hanging an RSJ overhead from the shed's front door to the lathe and running a block'n'tackle?

(If you ever get the chance to visit 's... DON'T! You get all these ideas running through your head... as though it's not already crowded enough with round tuits. :rolleyes: )

rsser
21st December 2006, 08:27 PM
Skew, that's what most of the Yanks do whose backs are a mite on the fragile side.

I'm afraid that my garage is now split into two; one space for vehicles and an incredible amount of stuff the family seems attached to, the other is the air conditioned temple with the beast as the altar ... hmm, maybe a hatch; then that would need paved access, and of course a roofed pergola over it; could be some space for drying treasures.

Ah, Santa once came to me; now I'm it.

tonysa
21st December 2006, 08:47 PM
thats one solid looking piece of engineering, sure puts the delta to shame

sweet !

cheers

TonySA

Tony Morton
21st December 2006, 09:18 PM
Hi Peter
Join the stubby mob I;ve had a 750 for six years and enjoyed every moment of it.
Bernie P if you are over Wauchope way PM me and come and have a look at one in the flesh but no drooling it causes rust.

Happy Christmass every one.

cheers Tony

dai sensei
21st December 2006, 09:21 PM
Ok, got me drooling. Nice pick up Peter.

BernieP
21st December 2006, 09:43 PM
G'Day Tony

Thanks for offer may take you up on that in new year

Cheers
Bernie

Little Festo
21st December 2006, 11:43 PM
Congrats on your black beast!

What are the Vermec mods? Better indexing clearly, and different electronics?

Hello Ern,

Bigger motor 3HP, a bit of overkill, also an upgraded pulley system to handle the extra torque. Indexing up to 128. His electronics have three or four different programs plus you can check torque output from the motor, temp of electronics etc, auto cut-out if I get a big catch, things I will never need but it all came with the lathe - got a few freebies. I don't know it that is different from the original electronics. This is the first 1000 Enzo has sold locally (Qld) so i think this may have been a bit of a test machine for him. Ran beautifully today, I think I'm very happy. I have no excuses, cannot blame the latheb that's for sure.

Peter

Little Festo
21st December 2006, 11:46 PM
Like the view outside the door.:D

The view is great. There is nearly always a nice breeze too, great place to work. Cows mooing in the paddock on one side and lots of birds

Peter

hughie
22nd December 2006, 12:22 AM
[

The view is great. There is nearly always a nice breeze too, great place to work. Cows mooing in the paddock on one side and lots of birds

Peter,
Dunno what to admire the most, the view or the lathe........sigh :D

If it aint too rude, how much did it set you back?

TTIT
22nd December 2006, 12:25 AM
Magic stuff Peter. I'm only a bee's tit away from grabbing the S750 Enzo has in the shop - just wanted to wait and see what the new Woodfast model is like but I think you just swayed me - will have to see how I feel in the morning - will probably be on the blower to Enzo I'd say.:o:)

I see you've already got a vacuum pump set up - looks very much like the one I just scored - any idea what capacity it is? Do you find it's big enough?

Little Festo
22nd December 2006, 08:21 AM
Magic stuff Peter. I'm only a bee's tit away from grabbing the S750 Enzo has in the shop - just wanted to wait and see what the new Woodfast model is like but I think you just swayed me - will have to see how I feel in the morning - will probably be on the blower to Enzo I'd say.:o:)

I see you've already got a vacuum pump set up - looks very much like the one I just scored - any idea what capacity it is? Do you find it's big enough?

Not too sure re the pump capacity. Apparently i was lucky as i scored it at a very good price - $250 approx. i have one face plate set-up that will work but haven't tried it yet.

Peter

Salty
22nd December 2006, 09:13 PM
Vacuum pump @ $250:00!!!??? Where from??:eek:
I'd be happy to pay twice that!:D
Fantastic lathe and view. Congratulations!!:p

Little Festo
24th December 2006, 10:16 AM
Vacuum pump @ $250:00!!!??? Where from??:eek:
I'd be happy to pay twice that!:D
Fantastic lathe and view. Congratulations!!:p

Mistake - pump was $300.00