PDA

View Full Version : Blanket box

dan_tom
22nd December 2006, 06:37 PM
Hi everyone

This is the blanket box that Tom made me for Christmas. It is made using recycled timber and the reject timber from Studley/E.Maculata. The top is red gum and the legs are ironbark. Finished with orange oil and wax.

Just finished...

We're now heading up to Mackay/Whitsundays for a holiday - hooray!

Merry Christmas everyone and happy 007.

Cheers
Dan and Tom

Harry72
22nd December 2006, 08:05 PM
Nice work there by the ol'Tom, nice rustic feel without compromising quality.

MajorPanic
22nd December 2006, 08:14 PM
VERY, VERY NICE!! http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon14.gif http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon14.gif

Are you sure you are gonna store blankets in it?? Could also be used to store your TOYS in it. You know, your..... ah,......ahem..... HAND TOOLS! ;) :D :D :D

Have a great Xmas the pair of ya!!

DJ’s Timber
22nd December 2006, 08:15 PM
Nice pressy.

Has the inside been oiled to? It dosen't look like it has been, I would slap a coat on to help equalise the movement in the timber

Bluegum
22nd December 2006, 08:17 PM
Looks great Tom, I had better not let the wife se it as she will be hitting me up for one for our babies room.

Gumby
22nd December 2006, 08:40 PM
I like that one very much. ;)

zenwood
22nd December 2006, 09:06 PM
Nice pressy.

Has the inside been oiled to? It dosen't look like it has been, I would slap a coat on to help equalise the movement in the timber

Nice box, but isn't there a rule or other that you're not supposed to finish the inside of a blanket box? Something about the fabric aborbing the scent of the wood? Or maybe the other way around? Must be an expert here who knows...

echnidna
22nd December 2006, 10:46 PM
Normal timbers you can finish the inside.
With aromatic timbers like Camphor or Cedar don't seal the aroma in

jugglingogre
28th December 2006, 10:07 AM
Nice box folks!

The thing that got my attention though was the grass! Not much of that left in Vic :gaah:

mics_triton
30th December 2006, 02:12 PM
Nice Work , I hope you enjoy Mackay for your holidays

Wongo
30th December 2006, 02:34 PM
Dan&Tom

I am a big fan of your work. I really like the style of your work, I really do. It has the rustic look but yet it is built with proper joinery. None of those rustic crap you see in the market if you know what I mean.

Well done.:2tsup:

Wardy
30th December 2006, 04:42 PM
very neat indeed tom, excellent work:2tsup:
cheers

ss_11000
30th December 2006, 04:55 PM
it looks stunning. enjoy your holiday:)