PDA

View Full Version : T Shaped Plastic Edge Strip

echnidna
22nd December 2006, 11:20 PM
What's the proper name for T Shaped Plastic Edge Strip that fits in a slot in chipboard or mdf edges ?

Where can I buy it?

soundman
22nd December 2006, 11:29 PM
Soft edge, edge mould.
Lincon sentry.

Its a bit out of favour these days.

cheers

RETIRED
23rd December 2006, 08:40 AM
What's the proper name for T Shaped Plastic Edge Strip that fits in a slot in chipboard or mdf edges ?

Where can I buy it?Melboards in Dandenong have it.9796 3900

ozwinner
23rd December 2006, 08:42 AM
Im sure the last lot I got was from bunnies.

Al :)

echnidna
23rd December 2006, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the help everyone.

I'm not mad on the crappy stuff either Soundman but it might be the only practical way to have nice round edges on coloured melamine mdf. (colorboard)

As the sheet edges will be curved fitting solid edging would be a pain and blow costings out of the water,

olddog
23rd December 2006, 12:06 PM
Hi Bob, I have some left, I through a few rolls to the tip, but kept 2 rolls, one light brown the other dark brown x 20mm, how much do you need ?
if the colour is OK, you pay the postage and I will send it to you free,cant get cheaper than that..........PM me if you want it.........peter

soundman
24th December 2006, 11:11 PM
I'm not keen on the stuff but like many things... it has its place and when its the right thing nothing will do the job as well.

cheers

Sturdee
25th December 2006, 12:31 PM
I'm not keen on the stuff but like many things... it has its place and when its the right thing nothing will do the job as well.

cheers

How true, I used it on the edges of our octagon shaped kitchen table after I relaminated the top as well as on the octagon lazy susan that goes with it.

For that purpose it is excellent as it goes easily around the corners and is soft if you bump into it. Easy to install and also easy to keep clean.

Bob, another place you can get it is from Wilson & Bradley in Bell Street, Preston which is closer to you than Dandenong.

Peter.

Clinton1
25th December 2006, 02:27 PM
A slight hijak, apologies echnidna!

Would these two places sell the plastic T 'weather strip' that is inserted between window and adjoining door frames to seal it from weather?
The stuff I'm looking for has a 12mm 'top', and an 18 mm wedge shaped tongue, which is inserted between the frames.

I don't know what it is called and my local hardware and Bunny's don't stock it.

As usual, all assistance appreciated... :)

echnidna
25th December 2006, 04:16 PM
Thanks Peter tis a tad closer.

Sturdee
25th December 2006, 04:30 PM
Would these two places sell the plastic T 'weather strip' that is inserted between window and adjoining door frames to seal it from weather?
The stuff I'm looking for has a 12mm 'top', and an 18 mm wedge shaped tongue, which is inserted between the frames.

I don't think Wilson & Bradley stocks that kind of seal as they are a wholesaler/direct to the public seller of all kinds of kitchen / cabinet type of fittings.

It sounds like the rubber strip glaziers use to secure the glass in aluminium office window frames, so try one of ther big glaziers.

Peter.