PDA

View Full Version : My Workshop

Rex
18th May 2003, 02:42 PM
The following link goes to my workshop - I'm told I'm very fortunate to have such a large workspace, but in my own and basically selfish opinion . . . . I still don't have enough room (I'd like to have a designated spraybooth or similar)

I principally make Rocking Motor Bikes, but basically I'll try anything once.

My WorkShop (http://members.optusnet.com.au/~penrex/wshop.html)

and this is a pic of one of my 'Rocking Rebel' Motorcycles:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~penrex/pics/wood/harley.jpg

Mick4412
18th May 2003, 07:29 PM
No idea how big it is, but being what appears to be a dedicated area, Rex, you have done well.
I currently share a double garage witha very tolerant wife
Mick

Rex
20th May 2003, 03:15 AM
My setup is as follows:

A drive-thru garage into a 3 car carport and that leads into the double garage at the end of the property which is solely dedicated to the workshop. It's all undercover and the carport acts as cover/weathershield for my offcuts and trailer.

I couldn't be much happier except for the lack of a spray area. Usually I have to do a complete clean of the workshop and leave it for 24hrs for everything to settle before I get into finishing off pieces.

It's either that or I take the work into our enclosed BBQ area and finish it off there - but that only ticks off the wifey, and while it is said that it's only the depth that varies - I try to keep the ammunition to a minimum.
;)

Dean
20th May 2003, 10:05 AM
nice workshop :)

olivewood
23rd May 2003, 07:31 AM
Hello I just wanted to compliment you on your rebel motorcycle...

God Bless you
Ghasan

olivewood
23rd May 2003, 07:32 AM
Hello I just wanted to compliment you on your rebel rocking motorcycle...

God Bless you
Ghasan

Rex
23rd May 2003, 08:22 PM
Thanks a lot for the feedback . . . .

the rebels are fun to make and take about 30 hrs (I've had back surgery), so I guess a 'fit' person could knock one out in a day or so.