PDA

View Full Version : Ham bags

Farm boy
23rd December 2006, 07:14 AM
As it is the christmas ham season, can anyone tell me the ratio of vinegar to water you soak the ham bags in please
thanks
greg

Doughboy
23rd December 2006, 07:21 AM
I roughly use 2lts water to 1tblsp white vinegar and soak the bag for 5 mins. Every three days I refresh the bag as well. Happy hams for me and for you.

Pete

Simomatra
23rd December 2006, 08:31 AM
I roughly use 2lts water to 1tblsp white vinegar and soak the bag for 5 mins. Every three days I refresh the bag as well. Happy hams for me and for you.

Pete

Same here

bitingmidge
23rd December 2006, 09:10 AM
Bags?

We just stick ours back in the tin it comes in.

P
:D :D :D

Ashore
23rd December 2006, 10:33 AM

Pete

Yeah SHMBO says the same :)

Farm boy
23rd December 2006, 01:40 PM
thanks everyone
merry christmas to all
i have 4 days off now so no computer time
cheers
greg

meerkat
23rd December 2006, 06:54 PM
Thats it guys..... Ham it up !!!:p:D:D:D

Grunt
23rd December 2006, 07:27 PM
I have a great little over the shoulder ham bag. It looks really fetching with my red leather pumps.

Bluegum
23rd December 2006, 09:50 PM
I think that Dough boy is right from what I read on the ham we got the other day. I just wet an old pillow case with vingar every couple of days.

meerkat
24th December 2006, 06:57 AM
I have a great little over the shoulder ham bag. It looks really fetching with my red leather pumps.

mmmmmm:rolleyes: why am I not surprised ;):D

Flowboy
24th December 2006, 08:00 AM
We actually just use a dry cotton pillow case kept in the fridge and it seems to work for us. However, if you've purchased a proper ham bag, then I guess it will depend on whether its Oroton, leather or genuine imitation Naugahyde.:)

Christmas Fishes all.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good shellacing.