PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Thread

rrich
24th December 2006, 04:57 PM
Both of my sons are here for the holiday.

Merry Christmas to all.

craigb
24th December 2006, 06:35 PM
It's been raining all day here in Sydney. A good Christmas present for sure. :)

Tankstand
24th December 2006, 07:30 PM

Like wise, Great to have all of the family together.

Wishing you all a Very Merry Xmas and a Fantastic New Year,

Mark and Family.

Gumby
24th December 2006, 07:32 PM

Merry Christmas to all.

That's what it's all about. Family.

Have a good one. ;)

Iain
24th December 2006, 07:57 PM
My family at home for lunch then second born coming over later in day for nibbles and my single malt (with his SWMBO in tow).
I then get to do my usual Christmas day party trick...................fall asleep in front of everyone and have photo's taken while they decorate me with tinsel and empty bottles.
Mongrels every one of them:D :D :D :D

NewLou
24th December 2006, 09:14 PM
Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to all!!!:)

HAs been a great learning year for me here on the forums can't wait to start putting it all together.

Wonder what 2007 has on offer!!!

HAve a Great Festive season Forumites!!!

MAy the spirit of the perfect cut and the glistening finish grace you all in the New Year.

Let TimberGods shine kindly on us all in 2007

Seasons Greetings Lou2u:D:D:D

Bluegum
24th December 2006, 10:43 PM
Yep its supposed to rain here tomorrow night and for a few days after that. Spending the day with the in laws. Best thing for us here is Mrs Bluegum is meant to be having our first baby on Wed 27 Dec so will be a big change for us here at home. As gumby has said yep family is what its all about.

Wongo
24th December 2006, 10:56 PM
Merry Christmas. :)

Skew ChiDAMN!!
24th December 2006, 11:44 PM
15 minutes to go. Are we all ready?

(Duck-blind set up behind chimney? Check. Shottie loaded? Check. Night scope? Check. OK you fat bastard, let's see what happens if one one of your reindeer poops on my roof this year! :mad: )

Errm... he does follow daylight savings, doesn't he? It's cold'n'wet up on the roof tonight...

Daddles
25th December 2006, 12:01 AM
Fifteen minutes? Cripes, you lot in the Eastern States get it early (unless you're a banana bender of course).

Yes, the kids are in bed.
Yes, the 5 year old daughter is excited.
No, the gf and I have not sorted out things so it's another partnerless christmas.
Yes, I do have to go to a family feast tomorrow.
Yes, it is a traditional type matriachy so us blokes will be hiding on the sidelines hoping we don't upset the organisation.
Yes, the daughter does expect to monopolise me ... and as usual I'm not sure whether to groan or love every minute of it.

The worst part of the day will be when my son discovers that his female cousins have suddenly outgrown him - he thinks sport is neat while they are ... 'young wimmen'.
The best part of the day will be getting the wee girl into bed at the end of it (at least I have her this year, I wasn't allowed to see her last year) ... either that or watching her through bleary eyes as she opens her presents. The lad's in for a surprise too, but we've got the rest of the week to enjoy OUR christmas (yeah, there's a special bond there).
And on that note, my own Dad and I will find ways of circumventing the wimmens and renewing our own personal bond for another year.

Bluddy Christmas. It's a dog's breakfast of emotions. Guess I'll have to use my usual tactic - just relax and enjoy it ... and if the wimmen's get worked up about the arrangements, well that's just part of the entertainment.

Richard

Shedhand
25th December 2006, 12:09 AM
bah humbug.. half day in the shed for me. then plonk myself down in front of idiot box with me single malt - watch "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and go to sleep.

Daddles
25th December 2006, 12:20 AM
watch "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" .

As long as it's the original, not the remake

Richard