PDA

View Full Version : Redgum Salt & Pepper Grinders

DJ’s Timber
24th December 2006, 07:51 PM
Christmas present that I turned up today for my best friend, I am sure she will be very happy with them.

Crushgrind mechanisms from Jim at CWS. Also pressed the corresponding letter for each one for id. I just put the letter punch in the tailstock and wind it in till it is deep enough.

The Redgum comes from two different trees, manage to get a reasonably good much. One has abit more fiddleback in it but I am happy with the match.

They are 315mm high and 55mm in diameter.

Finished with EEE then Shellawax cream followed with Trad Wax.

Wayne Blanch
24th December 2006, 08:03 PM
WoW you did a great job on them I never seem to be able to match them perfectly, I tell people that I don't match 'em so that it is easy to tell the difference between the salt and pepper. Now that I've seen how to put letters on the top I can not use that excuse. Thanks a lot!!!:D
Merry Christmas
Wayne

Skew ChiDAMN!!
24th December 2006, 08:12 PM
You sure you didn't just photoshop the colour layer of a certain Walnut pair? ;)

Good job!

DJ’s Timber
24th December 2006, 08:23 PM
You sure you didn't just photoshop the colour layer of a certain Walnut pair? ;)

Good job!

ROFL, just you wait mate, when I get to your place in a hrs time I can show your all 4 :p

soundman
24th December 2006, 10:57 PM
Is that just a standard letter punch?

cheers

DJ’s Timber
24th December 2006, 11:09 PM
Is that just a standard letter punch?

cheers

Yep, I bought a new set just for doing the timber.

I have a set which I use for metal and I tested it with some scrap timber using my metal ones and was happy with the results. I decided that I would have one set for metal and one for timber cause the ones that had been use on metal were leaving a stain and were not as crisp a new set.