PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions

mlsa
25th December 2006, 12:01 AM
Good Morning Everybody

I have a couple of questions for you experts. I'm going to add another router to use with my Gifkins Jig. Since I don't have room on my table for another router I'll probably build a router extension to my table saw. I built a sanding center on the other side of the table.

First question: Do you guys prefer a plunge router for the router table or a stationary router. I have both but use the plunge router on my table. Do any of you use any sort of lift device for your router?

Ok so it was 3 questions: I have a Jet Dust collector but with my motorcycle and trailer in my shop I have to move them out to move the collector over to my table saw and router table. I'm thinking of getting a shop vac to use for just my router table and table saw. What size do you guys suggest. I can still use the dust collector for my planer and machines on the other side of the shop.

Ashore
25th December 2006, 12:14 AM
Good Morning Everybody

First question: Do you guys prefer a plunge router for the router table or a stationary router. I have both but use the plunge router on my table. Do any of you use any sort of lift device for your router?.

A plunge router allows an easy adjustment for height , but once set up if its one of a pair of dedicated routers for the gifkin gig and only the gifkin gig then stationary routers would be ok.

Ok so it was 3 questions: I have a Jet Dust collector but with my motorcycle and trailer in my shop I have to move them out to move the collector over to my table saw and router table. I'm thinking of getting a shop vac to use for just my router table and table saw. What size do you guys suggest. I can still use the dust collector for my planer and machines on the other side of the shop.
I have yet to install a dusty and my vac handles things ok , you are in a better set-up with a dusty handling most of your heavy stuff, a couple of traps that you can plug the suction hose of a shop vac in should handle the router and table saw.

Rgds