PDA

View Full Version : Free TurboCAD v7.1 headsup

scooter
25th December 2006, 12:47 AM
Gday all, Jan 2007 edition of PC Authority, on newsagent shelves now, has a cover disc full version of the above CAD program.

Search "turbocad" on these forums for some previous discussion.

For newbies, another option is a free program called Google SketchUp available for download, strictly speaking not so much a CAD program as a 3D modelling program, but may be sufficient for many woodworkers. Google "sketchup" for where to download it from, or seach for "sketchup" on these forums for prev discussion.

Cheers............Sean

Skew ChiDAMN!!
25th December 2006, 01:25 AM
Thnx for the heads-up.

I gave up perusing the PC mags at the Newso about 18 months ago, too much static not enough signal. But I'll make an exception for this 'un. ;)

Ben_82
30th December 2006, 01:52 PM
Thanks I'll upgrade my version 5 :)

Ben_82
10th January 2007, 08:21 PM
Seems I missed out is there any way to download this version?

Grunt
10th January 2007, 08:36 PM
You should have a look at Alibre if you want to do 3d design. It beats Autocad & Turbocad hands down as far as ease of use goes.
They've got a free version (http://www.alibre.com/xpress/software/alibre-design-xpress.asp)

Chris

JDarvall
10th January 2007, 08:58 PM
Ta Sean.

Ben_82
10th January 2007, 09:32 PM
Thanks I'll check it out

Barry_White
10th January 2007, 11:01 PM
On them 4th of January I went to seven papershops in Tamworth and all of them had sent their January returns back on the 3rd except for the last one so I was fortunate to get it. I didn't realise that most magazines come out a month ahead of the magazine date.