PDA

View Full Version : Good idea Bad execution

Jude A
25th December 2006, 01:33 PM
Hey yall
Spent all day cleaning up the shop and finaly was able to make a pen. I had an idea but I did not realy think it through. First off I dislike this kit/ no parts fit have to glue it together/ besides that the kit does give a good look. I forgot to take into account of the cb that the wood had to be removed so I lost the bottom part of the top. Oh well I will try again tomorow. The woods are redheart,yellowheart,purpleheart,ebony,bubinga,and some hardwood dowels. Finished mm/ca/shellawax.
Hope yall got some ideas for me.
Oh yea I also made a new pen stand still gotta finish it.

lubbing5cherubs
25th December 2006, 01:39 PM
Gidday Jude,Man that kit is snazzy. Looks nice and the stand looks good.

Mate.. many christmas blessing for your family
Toni

Penpal
25th December 2006, 07:31 PM
The three wise men would have been proud to possess the pen it looks very regall to me,I have a Turkish son in law would fall all about with crescent moon pen stand,interesting detail the pen strength is balanced:D Peter

Skew ChiDAMN!!
25th December 2006, 08:39 PM
Personally I think a plainer kit would've suited that pattern better, but that's just my opinion. If you hadn't told us about the CB stuff-up I would never have guessed, although I may've commented about the "unbalanced" top. ;) You've got the glue-ups down pat now, good job!

I also love the stand and am gonna pinch the idea. :D Now to think of something besides a moon... hmmm...

tashammer
25th December 2006, 10:37 PM
a cat, a cow or a little dog or a dish or a fiddle or a spoon...