PDA

View Full Version : Machinery etc

John Saxton
19th May 2003, 08:27 PM
For those in W.A. or those merely interested here's a site to check out those prices:-

www.ptms.com.au

Cheers:)

kenmil
19th May 2003, 09:29 PM
Hmm.....not what I would call competitive pricing.:(

John Saxton
20th May 2003, 11:27 PM
Ken, their site may not offer up competitive pricing as you termed it but I have spent over the years some serious money with them and only because they were negotiable and more than competitive on the ground and in the shop.
I have known these guy's for a long time and as such it may be the reason I get looked after.
These are one of the few remaining serious tool dealers left in W.A. and I guess they would not be there unless they had something to offer.
I wouldn't justify their prices alone ...that's something you'd have to sort out with them...but they Know their gear,have worked in the trades and are willing for you to try out the machinery in the shop and that is what I like about them and we have two different dealers in this area both offering different attitudes.

kenmil
20th May 2003, 11:30 PM
Yep, good points. Money isn't everything, though from this side of the country, that's all I can look at.:D

John Saxton
22nd May 2003, 05:23 PM
Just to add further I would never personally buy any powered tool off of the internet.I would prefer to see what I'm getting for my money and to have hands on handling the tool to see whether the tool is compatible to my needs.