PDA

View Full Version : Another box but need feedback

lubbing5cherubs
30th December 2006, 10:16 AM
Gidday guys made another bowl last night but need your feedback. It was one of those case just one more....Wang bang no thank you ma'am it was all over the place. Duck and hide you were in ofr it. :)( :D I laughed my guts out after it settled down. First blow out rather proud of that. LOL
bye
Toni

DJ’s Timber
30th December 2006, 10:38 AM
Don't know where to start with this one:)( , for starters the lid dosen't fit properly:p and there is a big gap down the side :harhar: :innocent:.

Shame it blew up :rip:, maybe the next one heh :C

Cliff Rogers
30th December 2006, 11:57 AM
...I laughed my guts out after it settled down. First blow out rather proud of that. ...Toni

What was so funny? :cool:
I had a 400mm x 55mm silkwood platter with about 2 hours of careful finishing do a runner yesterday.
I wasn't laughing. :((
I said :censored2: several times. :~

lubbing5cherubs
30th December 2006, 12:00 PM
I can imagine that. There was few pretty coloured language going on while it happened. but when it settle down I laughed.. It never hit me, it never hit the window near by. So it was a good day
bye Toni

Wayne Blanch
30th December 2006, 01:07 PM
Bummer:o . At least you found most of the pieces. I have had one explode on me that I only found the base and that was because it was in the chuck.
Keep on chuckin
Wayne

dai sensei
30th December 2006, 01:16 PM
Looks like the lid could still be made into a mexican hat :roll:

lubbing5cherubs
30th December 2006, 01:28 PM
Do you need a new hat, Neil?? :D
Toni

hughie
30th December 2006, 02:31 PM
Toni,
What a bummer! Still the up side is it missed you and the window. :bgth:

But still a very frustrating out come...must be the season theres a bit of this going around. :D

OGYT
30th December 2006, 02:58 PM
It was going to look good, wasn't it?
Sorry about the mishap, Toni, but glad you're handling it well.

Gil Jones
30th December 2006, 03:29 PM
Ah Toni, we all have these little problems... I reckon your lidded bowl is a work of "art" as it does not look like it will hold soup.:)

Skew ChiDAMN!!
30th December 2006, 03:55 PM
Is the top big enough to use as a small bowl or fit a collar for a candlestick, Toni?

'Cos at first glance I thought "Stonehenge" and at second look I thought that with a bit of creative sanding & gluing, the bottom would make a novel set of "legs" for the lid. Looking much like it does in the photo, 'cept all as one piece.

One thing that comes from making a lot of mistakes is the ability to be creative in their recovery/salvage. :-

cedar n silky
30th December 2006, 09:26 PM
I liked your blackwood box on a previous post, and it looks like this was going to be even better!:) , But alas, yes, inevitably occasionaly we make a blue, or the wood just doesn't "want to play the game"!:~
I accidentally turned the bum out of a nice silky oak bowl a couple of months back- Just went too thin right at the base! I kept it though, and will glue a blank in the base, and re-turn the base with a different wood. I reckon it might look quite good, eventually.
It's all good practice Toni, and your progressing nicely!:2tsup: Keep up the good work.:)

rodent
4th January 2007, 10:23 AM
:doh:drill a hole in the top youve got an insence stick bowl .BUT realy at least you wernt injured tony they do fly dont they ,it happens too the best & the worst of us.:oo:

BernieP
4th January 2007, 05:57 PM
G'Day Toni

Pity would have been very nice, when are you getting your camera back?

Cheers
Bernie