PDA

View Full Version : Wooden Boat on CD

TK1
31st December 2006, 05:56 PM
Hi all,

Thought I'd mention this auction that I just saw on eBay...no connection, etc ec (usual disclaimers)...I just saw it and thought I'd share. Purely on the basis that xmas has wiped me out so the bargain price is still a bit of a stretch :(( :sad1:

Here's the link, if it doesn't work then just do a search on eBay.com.au for ["Wooden boat" CD]

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/wooden-boat-cd_W0QQitemZ120069690383QQihZ002QQcategoryZ4399QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Good luck if you get it!

Regards,
Darren

PS Happy new year to all!:D

cjm_22sq
2nd January 2007, 11:17 AM
.... and I actually put in a (losing) bid. Was annoyed at the time that I didn't bid just a bit higher, but then realised that I actually like to do my reading via a more tangible medium. Like by referencing sheets of paper containing words and pictures that have been stapled together in an attractive package, and can be read anytime anyplace. Must be something like my preference for wooden boats ....
Besides, SWMBO decreed that I would be no longer be welcome in the marital bed if I brought a PC to bed with me :D.
So I will continue to fill the gaps in my collection by tactical purchases of magazines at shops, festivals and from ebay.
Cheers,
CM

Wild Dingo
12th January 2007, 09:25 PM
Well... ahem... I find this verrryyy innerestin werry innerestin indeed :2tsup:

In fact sooooooooooo very very interesting double double thumbsup :2tsup: :2tsup:

Winning bid: AU $182.50

And theres anothery for...

Starting bid AU $100.00

2 days to go!! Will have to watch and see how much it goes for eh? :;

Now Darren if I had have known you wanted a copy and IF I had any idea how to do it all you would have had to have done is email me mate :roll:

BUT then... given that I didnt know and I DONT have a clue how to copy the discs we will just have to leave it at that eh? :doh:

Now on the other point that CM brings up... that of bein old fashioned or odd fashioned enough to want the hard copy type thing to take to the dunny for a good throne read... of for in bed as "aftas".. well mate all yer have to do is select the story article or whatever you want to read and hit the print button telling it what pages to read and bobs yer uncle!!! :2tsup: Im presently doin that to get the reading material on a bigger ships wheel the plans Im workin on are for a 26in wheel while the only set of plans I have are for a 20in wheel soooo... I get out the discs and look up the ships wheel and get out that disc (disc 5 by the way :; ) print it off and have a good ol read in the throne room:2tsup: :2tsup:

I think today was called devine intervention... see we decided to go through the gathered mould gunk and junk out in the seatainer so we can empty and move the thing behind the shed and while going through one of the boxes came up with this box of cds... all buggared mind you... mud and slush and a year in a seatainer will do that... EXCEPT!!... the pouch with the cds of woodenboat in it that it came in :2tsup:the pouch kept the discs clean and with a gentle wipe on the outside ALLS FLAMIN BRILLIANT!!... I thought they were history :( but no they are just fine an dandy gotta love that!! " :2tsup: :cool: Actually if I remember rightly a mate in the states did a copy and sent it to me at the same time as I ordered and got the originals so I'll have a hunt around and see if theyre still there and send you a pm if I find em put them in the package with Fame eh? Anyway I'll give you a hoi if I find em

STEPHEN MILLER
20th February 2007, 11:55 AM
Guys that CD is back on Ebay opening bid $100 wonder if someone is running up a few copies and slowly selling them

TK1
20th February 2007, 12:02 PM
Interesting, Steve. I haven't been into eBay for a while but will have to have another look.

I did wonder if he actually had the foresight to buy a dozen copies when it came out, with the intent of selling them...or whether he's got one of those cd-label printers and is just running off copies of them??

Suppose it will cost me $150-200 to find out :( May leave it for now...but thanks for the reminder, I'll keep an eye on the auctions.

Regards,
Darren

cjm_22sq
20th February 2007, 02:09 PM
I can't see this guy having the foresight to buy a couple of dozen sets at US$250 or whatever back in 2002(?) and slowly selling them now. Way back at the beginning of this thread I emailed the seller asking whether they were originals or duplicates (don't really care to be honest but it should affect the selling price). No response - very unusual for an ebay seller, ignoring potential customers. Also asked why he only offered pickup in Redfern (!?) and no mailing available - bizarre, but he has amended that now.

If you look at his ebay selling profile you will see that he has sold quite a few sets ...............

I might bid again ...........

stevebaby
22nd February 2007, 11:03 PM
I can't see this guy having the foresight to buy a couple of dozen sets at US$250 or whatever back in 2002(?) and slowly selling them now. Way back at the beginning of this thread I emailed the seller asking whether they were originals or duplicates (don't really care to be honest but it should affect the selling price). No response - very unusual for an ebay seller, ignoring potential customers. Also asked why he only offered pickup in Redfern (!?) and no mailing available - bizarre, but he has amended that now.

If you look at his ebay selling profile you will see that he has sold quite a few sets ...............

I might bid again ...........Collect from outside Redfern Railway Station?Bring cash only?
Hmmmm, I may have found a way to finance a new boat.

STEPHEN MILLER
28th February 2007, 08:13 PM
From the list of feedback to the seller of the Wooden boat CD there have been 6 sold that you can still look at the item and one was to american bloke who aint to happy with his purchase. I emailed the seller and ask outright are they burnt copies and why so dear if they are no reply yet and that was a week ago :U