PDA

View Full Version : Spell Checker

Barry_White
31st December 2006, 06:54 PM
Trivea Time

I have tried to down load the forum spell checker a few times and can never seem to find it.

As I always try to spell words properly I sometimes spell a word and know that it isn't correct but can't think of the correct spelling.

So the point of this post is that anyone who is concerned about their spelling I found that by down loading the Google Toolbar it has an excellent spell checker in it and is very simple to use.

I just highlight all the text and then click on "ABC Check" Button and it highlights any words wrong in green. You just click on the word and it gives you all the word options and you just select the one you want and when you have finished you just click on stop.

Another very useful button on the Google Toolbar is the Autofil Button.

When filling out online forms it will automatically fill all the fields for you once you have set the the autofill button up.

DavidG
31st December 2006, 07:53 PM
On the Reply screen - in the upper right....

Wood Butcher
31st December 2006, 08:03 PM

But only if you are using Internet Explorer.

DavidG
31st December 2006, 08:36 PM
:club: :oops:

Barry_White
31st December 2006, 09:21 PM

Yes I tried all that but it didn't work for some reason and yes I am using IE.

I think the Google Tool bar one is excellent anyway and Google Toolbar will work in IE and Firefox.

Doughboy
31st December 2006, 10:02 PM
The only spell checker I have is a year 12 english completion. Works ok but it does have to be rebooted occasionally.

Pete

Harry72
1st January 2007, 08:36 AM
http://www.tinyspell.m6.net/
works a treat... and there's a free version!

Iain
1st January 2007, 08:53 AM
I never make misteaks:p

Daddles
1st January 2007, 11:19 AM
I never make misteaks:p

Hmm, I guess that means you don't cut your slabs of meat from cows, only from bulls :roll:

Richard

Grunt
1st January 2007, 01:25 PM
Use Firefox 2.1, it's got a spell checker built in. You can set up an Australia Dictionary too.

masoth
1st January 2007, 02:55 PM
:doh: Obvious, but a word of warning regarding the Automatic Forms Fill option mentioned by Barry - it can be a problem if sharing a computer because ALL of your passwords are available to others. Think of children accessiing 'adult' sites, or banking access.
Used properly it is, as Barry suggested, a time saving tool.

soth

Barry_White
1st January 2007, 05:47 PM
Use Firefox 2.1, it's got a spell checker built in. You can set up an Australia Dictionary too.

I've gone away from Firefox. I prefer the way that IE works. If I have any issues with my Bigpond satelite connection they will not support Firefox.

Another issue is that some links in emails will not find the Firefox connection.

Barry_White
1st January 2007, 05:50 PM
:doh: Obvious, but a word of warning regarding the Automatic Forms Fill option mentioned by Barry - it can be a problem if sharing a computer because ALL of your passwords are available to others. Think of children accessiing 'adult' sites, or banking access.
Used properly it is, as Barry suggested, a time saving tool.

soth

Even though no one shares my computer I do not pre load passwords or banking/credit card details in autofill

corbs
1st January 2007, 06:10 PM
Trivea Time

Missed one :U:;

Corbs

Barry_White
1st January 2007, 07:15 PM
Missed one :U:;

Corbs
Yes I typed that after I ran the spell checker. Is this better "Trivia"