PDA

View Full Version : Ebay:Nova TL1500 +++ sydney

SawDustSniffer
31st December 2006, 10:58 PM
looking for Pen Kits i came across a nova lathe on ebay , comes with 2 scroll chucks / jaws ,face plates,gouges / scrapers , dust extractor, bandsaw + timber & blanks , as of 31/12/2006 $950 might be a good set up for a newbie ,http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Woodturning-Woodlathe-BARGAIN_W0QQitemZ160067876585QQihZ006QQcategoryZ84012QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i wont be bidding

ss_11000
31st December 2006, 11:04 PM
whoa. some one will get a great bargain. i rekon it will go for around 2000-2500.

lubbing5cherubs
1st January 2007, 12:02 AM
Gee whiz that is an awesome set up. Someone going to be sad to see all that gear go.
Toni

hughie
1st January 2007, 10:25 AM
Thats a real bargain, sounds like one of those suburban divorce myth stories. The wife dumping the hubbys gear . :D :D :D

lubbing5cherubs
1st January 2007, 11:30 AM
That nasty that is Hughie. Just proof. I am weird could never do that to someone I once loved... Or perhaps someone got crook and can't work that what I was thinking
Toni

SawDustSniffer
1st January 2007, 11:57 AM
umm if only i lived in sydney ( pic up only ) might be able to bribe a sydney sider with a dust exstactor or bandsaw for picking it up, crating it and dropping it off at transport mob

GC
1st January 2007, 12:17 PM
Hi all,

It sounds like the real deal as it was on Ebay a week ago for $1500. Got no bids though.

Sounds like a bargain.

GC

Wayne Blanch
1st January 2007, 01:43 PM
That is a fantastic deal if it can be picked up for a good price. Its a shame I'm in Brisbane.:C
Wayne

TimberNut
2nd January 2007, 11:04 PM
I'm in Sydney and would consider collecting it for 'outoftowners'.
(for a fee of course! :-)

I don't want the lathe, chisels (most of), scroll chuck, or bandsaw, but I'll take the rest.

So, the offer?

you win the auction, pay the vendor, organise freight forwarder etc. (and locate necessary pallet stuff for crating to you)
I collect items from seller and bring home to crate it up, and meet transport company at my place for collection.

You get the lathe, chisels, scroll chucks, and bandsaw.
I keep powered respirator, all timber, and dust extractor stuff (incl hoses etc if included), plus maybe one or 2 chisels.

If anyone wants to do the leg work and organising and give me the other items for collecting and crating and general stuffing around, I might pick it up for you.

If you think it's still a good deal for the lathe, chisels, scroll chucks and bandsaw, PM me.

Disclaimer: Don't go bidding on it unless you confirm details with me first. This is a genuine offer but I accept no responsibility for people bidding on the item and 'assuming' my assistance to arrange transport if we have not agreed arrangements prior.

lubbing5cherubs
2nd January 2007, 11:16 PM
Good on You Timber nut for being so kind
Toni

SawDustSniffer
3rd January 2007, 06:20 PM
went and got some quotes today
$1000 freight sydney - darwin
$150 for truck with fork lift to pick it up from your place
and i still have to supply the crates and rope

thanks for the offer but for $2000 i'll pick up a Nova DVR without the bandsaw attachment for $2500

TimberNut
4th January 2007, 09:04 AM
hey SawDustSniffer,

no sweat. I figured it wouldn't be cheap to freight, but I guess that's the nature of most woodworking machinery. Didn't think it would be THAT expensive though...

Looks like someone's gonna get a good buy though.

TimberNut
7th January 2007, 10:07 AM
it's now up to $1500.01 with 5 hours to go, if anyone's interested