PDA

View Full Version : metabo/elektra bekum ts250

londonjoiner
1st January 2007, 05:14 AM
Has anyone here used any Incra stuff with the above table saw please let me know. Ive been told it has a non standard mitre slot.

Gwhat
2nd January 2007, 10:57 AM
I have the PKF255 V8 by EB and I'm totally frustrated as, as an Incra dealer none of our gear fts this saw, in fact I'm about to have the mitre groove milled so at least I can use a Incra Mitre Gauge with this saw as the supplied M/G is a joke.

As Im not familair with the model in question, I suggest that you have a chat with Roger at;

Email [email protected]

Telephone (Local Rate)(9am — 6.30pm GMT Mon - Friday)
0845 165 9244

Telephone +44 (0)1491 629699

Wood Workers Workshop
Kidbys Yard,
28 Kennylands Road,
Sonning Common,
Oxfordshire,
RG4 9JT
England

Just do't mention the cricket and I'm sure he will be helpful. He is also an Incra Dealer, and a pretty lateral; thinker when it comes to adapting things.

Regards

The Woodworker

londonjoiner
3rd January 2007, 06:27 AM
Yeah I have spoken to Roger along time ago very helpful man, a bit too helpful he even rang me a couple of times in the evening and chatted for ages. He spoke direct to the people at Incra and he said hes been on at them for ages about making non standard mitre bars but they are not interested. I did look at your saw when I bought the ts250 but thought yours was a bit too small and I noticed that the mitre slots where smaller. Mine has larger than standard slots so I would just need to line the slot with something which is what Roger advised, but i dont want to mess about so have just made my own mitre sleds using oak runners.

londonjoiner
3rd January 2007, 06:37 AM
Forgot to say does anyone know how much the bars expand on the incra slider bars as my mitre slots are around 20mm ish.

Gwhat
3rd January 2007, 07:33 AM
I did look at your saw when I bought the ts250 but thought yours was a bit too small and I noticed that the mitre slots where smaller. Mine has larger than standard slots so I would just need to line the slot with something which is what Roger advised, but i dont want to mess about so have just made my own mitre sleds using oak runners.

I didn't say it would be a quick conversation???

Having a wider slot is really easy to overcome, you just need a sheet metal shim attached to the side of the groove with double sided tape. Here in Oz otherwise known as the land of odd sized mitre tracks we have used this technique heaps of times. The shim material isn't important brass, stainless or just plain galv about 9mm wide.

An alternative to oak (yuk) is to get some UHMW (ultra high molecular weight) plastic from a plastic supplier and machine this down to be a nice fit in the slot. This stuff is super slippery and machines well with thicknessers saws etc.

I hope this helps?

Regards

The Woodworker

londonjoiner
3rd January 2007, 09:57 AM
lol, Yeah ive seen the uhmw plastic already and Roger explained about fitting shimming to the mitre slots with a hot melt glue as this can be warmed up and removed easily. I did not want to do this and really I would rather make my own mitre sleds to fit the slots ive got. Only the other day I noticed a slight gap from the edge of my (6 month old) mitre sled and the blade, so obviously the oak has swollen already so the uhmw would be better to use for runners.

Fergie
21st June 2009, 08:13 AM
I have the PKF255 V8 by EB and I'm totally frustrated as, as an Incra dealer none of our gear fts this saw, in fact I'm about to have the mitre groove milled so at least I can use a Incra Mitre Gauge with this saw as the supplied M/G is a joke.

Sorry to bump an old post-but I have the same table saw as well,and just wondered if you did have the mitre groove milled?

I actually have two complete sliding table assemblies,so was tentatively thinking about having one milled as I would like to be able to use an Incra mitre gauge with it.

Gwhat
21st June 2009, 08:52 AM
Nah!!! I never got around to it, in fact someone made an offer that was too good to knock back so I sold it. I'm now looking at conventional table saws.

Regards

Grahame

Fergie
21st June 2009, 10:01 AM
Many thanks for the reply-

oh well might have a go at getting it milled as at least I have two full sets,so if it goes wrong all is not lost :D .