PDA

View Full Version : new to the forum g-day

RETIRED
5th January 2007, 08:17 AM
I have had to repost this as my computer stalled while editing.

4th Jan 2007, 11:13 PM #2
reddog
reddog

new to the forum g-day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just singned up.had a bit of a stiky and thought it looked good and informing.so i hope i can ad and take some tips.
been turning for about two years . started with gmc$99[haha]lasted one month and up dated to a carb tec and hamlet tools pretty good for a beginner but out grown it as i carnt get enough big blanks and logs for bowles and vases
so i am now looking at a sherwood or vicmarc what are your thoughts on both machines

4th Jan 2007, 11:32 PM #3
Designsync
Novice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mate, if I had the cash I'd look at the Vicmac range. I might be wrong, but i think the Sherwood range is all chiwenese.....please correct me if I'm wrong. My opinion, definately Vicmarc!

5th Jan 2007, 12:50 AM #4
Wayne Blanch
Novice

G'day Red,
Welcome to the group, I am sure that you will get some good tips here the guys and girls on the group are very knowledgeable and willing to share their knowledge. You will find that at times you will be well entertained as there are quite a few people with very healthy senses of humour.

Regarding you question re machines I am sure that you will get plenty of feedback from the forum but in the meantime you could also do a search through the postings for the machines as I am positive that there has been plenty of discussion on them in the past. (unfortunately I don't have any experience with them but I do manage to drool over the Vicmarcs whenever I see one.)
Regards
Wayne

5th Jan 2007, 01:01 AM #5
westpest
A very trying Turner

Hey reddog

Sherwood and Vicmarc??? no comparison, I have Vicmarc VL175 and it is just great, best thing I ever bought and after sales service beyond reproach. Mine was a little out of alignment and it was exchanged in very short time no questions asked. How many suppliers do this??.

No I'm not Vic!!

DanF

PS it's also made in Australia (well almost it is Brisbane not Perth )

Last edited by westpest : 5th Jan 2007 at 01:04 AM. Reason: additional comment

ubeaut
5th January 2007, 08:28 AM
:wtf1:

DJ’s Timber
5th January 2007, 08:34 AM
:huh::throw:Gees trying to confuse us are ya :q :U

G'day reddog

Welcome to the madhouse.

If the money permits go for the Vicmarc, you can't go wrong. They are very well made and are a good solid heavy unit.

SawDustSniffer
5th January 2007, 11:33 AM
Bloody beginner, get lost.:((

:D :D :D
thats a bit harsh

welcome red dog

Cliff Rogers
5th January 2007, 12:00 PM
Geeze , are you trying to get the sack mate? :D

BernieP
5th January 2007, 06:49 PM
G'Day Reddog

If you have a carbatech you already have a Sherwood, only difference is HP and badge. I'll give you my Sherwood if you'll buy me a Vicmarc no comparison but fair price difference me thinks.

Cheers
Bernie

reddog
7th January 2007, 09:54 PM
thanks for your thoughts .looks like i will be saving a bit more money for the vicmark as it will have to last a long time so the missus says

chow reddog:2tsup:

Terry B
8th January 2007, 09:19 PM
G'Day Reddog
Welcome to the forum. I only moved from Moree a year ago up to this colder place. I didn't do any turning in Moree but there should be some good redgum around and Belah that doubles as firewood.
Best luck