PDA

View Full Version : Twas the 8th January 1983 when...

Wild Dingo
8th January 2007, 01:31 AM
At 3pm on a sunny arvo at Christ Church Claremont Western Australia that a wedding was held... the groom was young dark haired fit and in his prime dressed in blue while the bride was perfect in pure angelic white to match her long blonde tresses

Twas the day I and her highness made that commitment to each other for a lifetime and beyond... and now 24 years 8 children and 2 grandchildren later we celebrate that wonderous event.

To my darling wee possumpoop my lovely Jody thank you for saying "yes" to my hessitantly asked question "I do" to the ministers and for the years that have passed behind us and those yet to come

Thank you my sweet little bride for standing beside me in the face of both families denial of our love and the rightness of our union it has helped make our love stand the test of time, we have shared the good times the happy times the sad times the bad times the joyous times the emotional times but always we have shared them as one

May our futures be just as bright as that day back in 1983

Please raise your glasses to Shane and Jody Eyre... 24 years of wedded bliss and a future just as bright!! :cool:

Shedhand
8th January 2007, 01:39 AM
At 3pm on a sunny arvo at Christ Church Claremont Western Australia that a wedding was held... the groom was young dark haired fit and in his prime dressed in blue while the bride was perfect in pure angelic white to match her long blonde tresses

Twas the day I and her highness made that commitment to each other for a lifetime and beyond... and now 24 years 8 children and 2 grandchildren later we celebrate that wonderous event.

To my darling wee possumpoop my lovely Jody thank you for saying "yes" to my hessitantly asked question "I do" to the ministers and for the years that have passed behind us and those yet to come

Thank you my sweet little bride for standing beside me in the face of both families denial of our love and the rightness of our union it has helped make our love stand the test of time, we have shared the good times the happy times the sad times the bad times the joyous times the emotional times but always we have shared them as one

May our futures be just as bright as that day back in 1983

Please raise your glasses to Shane and Jody Eyre... 24 years of wedded bliss and a future just as bright!! :cool:Congratulations Ding ol' sock. I hope you bought a nice new woodworking tool for her anniversary gift. :2tsup:

Wild Dingo
8th January 2007, 02:01 AM
Actually mate I did have me eye on a new ;) ... but then I figured maybe a day out just her an me havent had one since before the twins were born 23 years ago... seriously! We havent had one day to ourselves since the girls turned up... have never been able to get baby sitters even when it was just the twins... Im thinking you know out for a day at the beach a picnic at some nice spot in the hills for lunch then a paddle around some quiet lake or stream thne on to a nice slap up meal and then an overnighter at some swank place up in the smoke... maybe a nice surprise of some sort or other

Puttin up with me and my many manic interludes she deserves that and more! :cool: Mind you I had to put up with her biting my flamin finger every year or so when she would swear black and blue that she would never EVER EVER have another child :( ... then we'd do it all over again a year or so later :2tsup: :U

DJ’s Timber
8th January 2007, 08:35 AM
Congrats on your Anniversary Shane and Jody

Tonyz
8th January 2007, 08:36 AM
Well done thou good and faithful servent. You both have something to be proud of. Only 24 year....................flamin young chickens

Tony

Wongo
8th January 2007, 09:24 AM
Congratulations mate.

RETIRED
8th January 2007, 09:42 AM
Congratulations to you and Jody.:2tsup:

You must be getting soppy Ding. A post that I could read without reaching for the Dingo translator.

echnidna
8th January 2007, 09:56 AM
Congrats to Mr & Mrs Ding, :U :U

oh ....

"every year or so when she would swear black and blue that she would never EVER EVER have another child ... then we'd do it all over again a year or so later"

whens the next one due? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

RufflyRustic
8th January 2007, 10:10 AM
Congratulations Mr & Mrs Ding!!!!

Cheers
Wendy

Iain
8th January 2007, 10:33 AM
Congrats to Mr & Mrs Ding, :U :U

oh ....

"every year or so when she would swear black and blue that she would never EVER EVER have another child ... then we'd do it all over again a year or so later"

whens the next one due? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So theres another 16 hidden out behind the shed???:D
Congrats, I'm a year behind you on round two.

coastie
8th January 2007, 11:08 AM
You bloody crawler! What are you after now?:snog:

David L
8th January 2007, 12:09 PM
Congratulations to you both, it is heartening to see such love and comitment when so many throw in the towel so easily yhese days.

AlexS
8th January 2007, 01:05 PM
Congratulations to you both - especially Mrs Ding for putting up with you.:D

Clinton1
8th January 2007, 02:47 PM
Congratulations to you both!

ozwinner
8th January 2007, 03:21 PM
Congratulations to youse both, how come you look like one of them poker players of a paddle boat? :U

Al :q

Ashore
8th January 2007, 03:30 PM
Well done to you both and may the next 24 be just as sweet:2tsup:

dai sensei
8th January 2007, 06:57 PM
Well done to you both. Be proud, it is pretty rare these days, some of us poor mugs have tried a couple of times and still haven't got it right:doh:

Iain
8th January 2007, 09:02 PM
Well done to you both. Be proud, it is pretty rare these days, some of us poor mugs have tried a couple of times and still haven't got it right:doh:

But being masochists still go back for more:-

graemet
8th January 2007, 10:03 PM
Please raise your glasses to Shane and Jody Eyre... 24 years of wedded bliss and a future just as bright!! :cool:
Consider them well and truly raised.... and quaffed!! But, Shane, maaate, how did you ever make the decision on the design you wanted to commit to, or shut up long enough to let her say "I do" ; )
Seriously though, congratulations
Cheers
Graeme

Honorary Bloke
8th January 2007, 10:21 PM
My heartiest congratulations Ding and Jody! And still enamoured of each other. :)

Have you stopped to consider, Dingo, what 24 actual years converts to in marriage years? After all, she's put up with you for 24 years of days and another 24 years of nights, bringing the marriage years total to 48! A remarkable achievement. :D

fxst
8th January 2007, 10:30 PM
Onya dingo ,,,she must have the patience of a saint to put up with ya for so long ...go for diamond anniversary your nearly halfway...well close anyhow
Pete
(ya only get 25years for murder...1 more year to freedom

Wild Dingo
9th January 2007, 12:40 AM
aaah now the design choice was set many years before... Ive always had "a thing" for small blondes and at 5ft nothing Jos about the smallest I could find at short notice :; You gotta remember I met her up at Quobba near Carnarvon and had a very VERY serious aversion to cities (and towns for that matter) but she lived in Perth... so for the next 5 years Id make a couple of short stay pilgramiges to Perth make a phone call and hopefully see her... then buggar of again!! meanwhile she would shoot through to Europe the Schychelles Mauritious South Africa Rhodesia or anywhere else overseas she could go... if I was lucky she was home if not tough potatoes maybe next year :(

The crunch came when I rang and got her sister who I thought was her and so I asked her out and she said "YESS!!" we set a time and I thought "you bloody little ripper":2tsup: :2tsup: :2tsup: ...get there to find she had just got of work and didnt know a sodding thing about it!! Her sis hadnt had time to tell her!! :doh:

Anyway we went out... had a great night I dropped her off then drove back to mums 200klicks away then back up the next day and so on for a week... then told her I was heading back bush said our goodbyes... now that was nice! :; ... and left... got back to the station and theres a phone message to contact her so I rang spoke with her grandfather and found out her parents had left for Queensland to build a bloody boat and left the two girls behind due to their work commitments and to look after the house and such... he had been called in as they had had a prowler... now this bloke was 80 and pretty crook at the time so I managed to speak to Jos sister who simply asked if I could "come back and stay just for awhile" I mean these two were 18 and 21 good looking young girls on their own!!.. How could a true red blooded young Aussie resist? I was off like a proverbial shot!! :2tsup:

Schivery (sp?) bein me middle name I promptly quit my job and drove the 1200 klicks back to Perth... we parked my car out the back and I stayed in that for a month till they decided I was housetrained and therefore "safe" to have indoors :roll: after which I slept on the couch :C ... found a job up the road at a pub and stayed on to keep an eye on them and the place her granddad going back to his home and care...

Anyway several months passed I took her to Highlight 33 in Perth for a slap up meal one night and as we left I simply said "what do yer reckon?" "about what" said she "well... I mean..." "oh yes it was nice wasnt it?" "eh? wha... I mean... err" she thought logically and thought I was on about the meal :roll: anyway we were standing in front of Mazzachelli jewelers and I stopped pointed at a bloody great wedding ring and looked at her "what?" said her highness "well err look Jo I cant stand Perth and I need to get back to the bush so what about we get married?" she stared at me as though I was totally insane "YOU WHAT?" she yelped as though Id bitten her on the bum... not a bad idea :q ...but not exactly what I wanted to hear so that was enough for me I hunched over and marched to the car opened the door to let her in and stomped around to the drivers seat... drove back to her place and let her out... I muttered somthing about bein back in a couple of days and went to mums for a bit of space... and to get totally wiped out drunk to drown me sorrows at makin such a mug of meself :no:

Anyway got a phone call from her sis asking in a panic what Id said to her and ended up going back... I was stuffed eh? :roll: ...so I get there and both girls are cryin their eyes out I thought something bad had happened you know like someone had broken in stolen the dog or their parents had come back... that sort of thing... Jo got up ran over to me huge hug kisses all over the place saying "YES YES YES"... to what??? WHAT???? YES WHAT??? :oo:

Soo thats how it began... 6 months later her parents accused us of something her sister and her boyfriend had done so we moved out 6 months later we were walking down the aisle a year later the twins turned up... and as they say the rest is history :2tsup:

Cheers for the well wishes from both of us :cool:

Doughboy
9th January 2007, 08:03 AM
Congrats to the Jody and Dingo show. What is 24 years on the anniversary calendar??? I think it is wood or possibly bully button lint! What ever you do bloke make it a good one. I hope there is another 24 in it for you both.

Pete

Harry72
9th January 2007, 08:21 AM
Congrats Ding... not much more than 24 days for me!

Iain
9th January 2007, 08:23 AM
Congrats Ding... not much more than 24 days for me!

Still with the jar of buttons beside the bed:D :D :D :D

Harry72
9th January 2007, 10:05 AM
Still with the jar of buttons beside the bed:D :D :D :D

Yeah and its almost empty:no::cry4:
:doh:maybe if I cut them in half :ohyaaa:
you know what will happen though:brick::smack:

squashedfrog1
9th January 2007, 12:00 PM
(sniff) I love a good love story......

Congratulations!

sf's other half

John Saxton
23rd January 2007, 03:44 PM
Happy 24th Shane, :2tsup: according to your wedding photo you seemed to spruce up quite good....but maaate what happened to your worldly charm :D :D :D and debonair good self not to mention your appealing good looks :D :D :D .

Could it be this woodworking lark has turned a once fine upstandin' fella into a gregarious eloquent and wizened one so dissimilar from the original model:wink:

Anyways cobber good to hear that youse is now a settled chappie.

Hope you enjoyed the occasion in your own inimitable style.

Cheers:)

Jill
23rd January 2007, 05:55 PM
Congrats, Shane and Jody! (We're not far behind you - 22 yrs this year! It really isn't THAT long ago, is it!!!) Your wedding photo is lovely! And your post....well, for a minute there I really couldn't imagine this was the real 'wild dingo' - I thought I was reading a passage straight out of 'The Sentimental Bloke'!!!

Cheers,
Jill

ss_11000
23rd January 2007, 08:04 PM
congrats dingo and mrs dingo:2tsup:

Shedgirl
28th January 2007, 12:27 AM
Congrats, you romantic old buggar you!