PDA

View Full Version : Nutall-Herbert lathe

forge
11th January 2007, 09:17 PM
Just acquired another machine needing a lot of tlc (like my other acquisitions)
An old Nutall/Herbert that some silly person drove the carriage into the chuck.Some broken gears,and the pin for the back gear broken perhaps other damage as well .It was in pieces , trying to put it back together .Anyone has any instruction manuals or has knowledge of spare part sellers,please help.
Regards,

glock40sw
11th January 2007, 10:40 PM
G'day Forge.
Send a PM to E. Maculata (Bruce).
I think he has a nutall lathe.
Don't know if he has a manual.
Hope this helps.

forge
12th January 2007, 08:39 AM
G'day Forge.
Send a PM to E. Maculata (Bruce).
I think he has a nutall lathe.
Don't know if he has a manual.
Hope this helps.
Thank's- son of a- Glock:D
Will explore every avenue,regards Bela

Fiatnut
12th January 2007, 09:11 AM
Hi Forge,
The company that took over Nuttall are still about, though I don't think they have much to do woth Nuttall lathes anymore......I have heard some parts are still available, and I'm sure they could dig up some diagrams/manuals for you. They are located in Sydney, and are called Hardwick and Tatum. Let me know if you need a phone number and I'll dig something out of the phone book.
Hope this helps,
Karl

forge
12th January 2007, 12:30 PM
Hi Forge,
The company that took over Nuttall are still about, though I don't think they have much to do woth Nuttall lathes anymore......I have heard some parts are still available, and I'm sure they could dig up some diagrams/manuals for you. They are located in Sydney, and are called Hardwick and Tatum. Let me know if you need a phone number and I'll dig something out of the phone book.
Hope this helps,
Karl
Thanks, Fiatnut;, that would be great.I'll be a way for a bit.No internet for a few days :oo: how will i survive
regards ,Bela:D

Fiatnut
13th January 2007, 08:35 AM
Hi Forge,
Here you go.....
Hardwick and Tatum
2 By the sea Road, Manly Vale
Phone 02 9979 5666

Hope it helps....
Karl

forge
19th January 2007, 07:06 PM