PDA

View Full Version : upchuck

upchuck
11th January 2007, 11:58 PM
Just purchased Incra Jig dovetail jig. Using 1/2", planed, squared stock, 1/2", 14 deg bit. With the stop securely in place as close to the bit as possible, my first pass for the tails makes it too deep! There is no room for any adjustment. Also, with 1/2" bit for 1/2" stock makes no sense. The other problem is that there is always 1 or 2 tails that are deeper than the others. That doesn't seem possible! Any suggestions?

Oh, how many passes after the initial scoring pass are needed to insure proper thickness of the pin?

Gumby
12th January 2007, 03:56 AM
Your problem is the router bit. The Incra won't work with 14 degree dovetail bits. Check the manual but I think the 1/2 inch bit angle is supposed to be 7 degrees.

Whiteseide in the US make a set for the Incra jig, as do CMT.

Stuart
12th January 2007, 11:09 AM
You really need to follow the instructions, and the info with each template. It tells you which router bit works with each template.

Wild Dingo
14th February 2007, 09:19 PM
You really need to follow the instructions, and the info with each template. It tells you which router bit works with each template.

:o :o :o :o Get ye behind me ye evil harbringer!! :o :o Read instr4uctions INDEED!!! :~ :U

Stuart
14th February 2007, 11:35 PM
:) Only if you can't figure it out yourself :)

Sprog
15th February 2007, 03:30 PM
Your problem is the router bit. The Incra won't work with 14 degree dovetail bits. Check the manual but I think the 1/2 inch bit angle is supposed to be 7 degrees.

I think you will find that the 1/2" 14 degree dovetail bit can be used with the Incra jig.

DOVJ DOVK DOVL DOVM DOVN DOVO DOVP DOVQ

Gumby
15th February 2007, 05:05 PM
I think you will find that the 1/2" 14 degree dovetail bit can be used with the Incra jig.

DOVJ DOVK DOVL DOVM DOVN DOVO DOVP DOVQ

Not with the templates I have it can't

It specifically says 7 degrees. Itried the Gifkins bits and they don't work.

Not that upchuck would seem to care, he hasn't been back.

Sprog
16th February 2007, 03:30 PM
Not with the templates I have it can't

You obviously need more templates then :D :D :D

echnidna
16th February 2007, 03:33 PM
Well if yer have ter read instructions fer Incra stuff,

It Don't Comply With The Code

Stuart
16th February 2007, 03:40 PM
As I said - only have to read it if you can't figure it out for yourself ;)

A toaster would be a code violation for some people if you took that interpretation!

echnidna
16th February 2007, 03:49 PM
I have never read instructions fer a toaster, have you? :D

Stuart
16th February 2007, 04:07 PM
That's my point - needing to, and doing so is the code violation ;)