PDA

View Full Version : OF 1400 EQ Router

underused
12th January 2007, 06:45 PM
G'Day,

Does anyone own, or used one of these routers?
Im looking into mid-range powered routers. My Mak is attached to a plunge lift, and lives under the table mostly.
Thoughts and experiences appreciated.
Cheers.

The Hun
12th January 2007, 10:21 PM
Dear Underused

I have a number of routers - 3612, 3612C, 3620, Mak trimmer (silver) and the wonderful QF 1400

I am sure there are heaps of reviews out now with all the technical stuff but as a week end user the QF 1400 is just sensational. The ergonomics are brilliant, the dust extraction, all the extras including storage box. I have used it mainly on making storage boxes, bookshelves, mouldings and the like. I haven't found a single thing to complain about (except maybe price) but IMHO it is the best mid sized router money can buy

Trust this helps

Peter

zuma
19th January 2007, 11:22 PM
A very neat router. But I find it lacking for glueing jobs, just a tiny bit weaker than it's bigger brother the OF2000. So therefore I prefer to work with 2 routers. The heavy OF 2000 for the bigger router jobs such as glueing and te lighter OF 1200 for everything else. Those two routers have kept me satisfied all the time.

extiger
20th January 2007, 03:03 PM
I'm planning to buy one in a few weeks. I have the DeWalt 625 mounted in my WoodRat, and the Milwaukee 5616 2hp in my router table. The big plus (for me at least) with the Festool is using it conjunction with the Guide Rail.

A few guys on North America wood forums say that once they've gotten a 1400 Festo, their other routers sit idle on the sidelines. We shall see.

I'll report back on my impressions in about a month.

Gary Curtis

bob marino
22nd January 2007, 06:06 AM
My experience (and customer feedbaack) with the 1400 router is that once you get used to the handle configuration, it soon becomes your "go to" router.

Bob

http://bobmarinosbesttools.com

underused
22nd January 2007, 11:21 AM
G'day Bob,

Do You ship outside of USA? Im in Japan

bob marino
22nd January 2007, 11:36 AM
G'day Bob,

Do You ship outside of USA? Im in Japan

No, sorry. I can only ship inside the USA.

Bob