PDA

View Full Version : Drill Press Table Kit

spokeshave
12th January 2007, 07:42 PM
Recently recieved an e-mail from Professional Woodworkers Supplies which showed thier new Drill Press Table Kit.

It sells for $260 and looks like it would make a good addition to my drill.

Has anyone thought about or bought one of these. They don't look too bad.

Do you all think it's worth spending up for one or should I just make one up myself.

If you havn't seen them yet, they can be viewed on thier website under T-Track Products/Track Kits & Projects.

Dangermouse
12th January 2007, 08:16 PM
I did the sums a few months back, and the bits weren't much cheaper than the table kit.
I reckon it worth the extra few bob to save the hassle of doing it myself (it's on my shopping list :rolleyes:). Just my own preferences, mind you.

derekcohen
13th January 2007, 11:54 AM
Here is the link: http://www.woodworksupplies.com.au/category54_1.htm#286

The question is not can you make this for the price, but do you want to? If you like the razzle-dazzle, then go for it. If you want maximum (or just more) controlled use of your drill press, then I think you can design better and build out of scrap for free.

Regards from Perth

Derek

David L
13th January 2007, 02:18 PM
Looks a bit over the top for me and I am inclined to agree with Derek, I am sure you could build better cheaper but if it suits your purpose

Bob38S
17th January 2007, 05:03 PM
G'day Spokeshave,

If it helps - use it - cheap and works for me

www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=38731

On the subject of cheap - please don't interpret this as a slight to or of the sellers of ready made bits and pieces - horses for courses - the $$$ I have saved on this has been spent on things I can't build or have the skills to do but are desireable/necessary.

Regards,
Bob

spokeshave
17th January 2007, 08:21 PM
Thanks Bob.

I have decided to have a go at making a press table myself and I think i'll be making it very similar to yours.

I already have some t-track (might be a bit short though) and plenty of MDF for the base. Have used Aluminium angle for my router table fence so thats not a problem. Just got to get out there and do it.

Thanks again.

soundman
17th January 2007, 10:19 PM
Sorry I dont get why you would want "T" track on a drill press table or why you would want a fancy table top for a drill press at all.
A wooden top for a drill press table, yep, but it going to get drilled into and hacked about. It needs to be simple and disposable.

There seem to be a number of drill press gadgets on the market these days & most of them I just don't see the point.
The drill press is probaly the most ready to go tool that you can buy.

cheers