PDA

View Full Version : Hafco Bandsaw

Sir Stinkalot
28th May 2003, 10:05 PM
Just a queston to those that frequent Hare and Forbes on a regular basis .... what is the BP-250 bandsaw like?
It is advertised in the current issue of Australian (or should I say now NZ) Woodworker p13 for only $289. With roller bearing and rip fence it seems too cheap. A quick search through some previous post don't put it in a great light but for $289 its almost a throw away. I think that I will wait and get something which is engineered to last but I would just be interested to hear what it is like.

Cheers

Stinky

Wayne Davy
28th May 2003, 10:45 PM
Stinkie,

I dropped in to Hare & Forbes about a week ago (it's on the way to work) just to have a browse around and noticed the little fella so I had a quick (really quick) look. It seems to be quite well made, particularly for the money.

alf t
5th June 2003, 10:24 PM
In the latest Wood Review there is a Hafco BP-16A Bandsaw advertised at $799.. For its features it seems to be a very reasonable price. Could anyone useing one or other Hafco product users like to comment on their quality etc.

Thanks
Alf

alf t
5th June 2003, 10:27 PM
Sir S has informed us that the Australian Woodworker is now a NZ based magazine. Thank goodness. Nzeders are very good at fixing things that have a problem.
Alf

Sir Stinkalot
5th June 2003, 10:47 PM
Just to clear a few things up …. I have no problem at all with Australian Woodworker … its just amusing that in the current issue they made such a blatant attempt to extend the reader base to across the Tasman. It was as if ever second page was welcoming NZ. I am sure that the Australian market is smallish so if expanding the readership into NZ helps the magazine its all good in my eyes.