PDA

View Full Version : How old is an adult

fred.n
15th January 2007, 12:31 PM
How old is an adult??
The reason I ask this, I took the nephew to a car show last weekend.
Prices were as follows
Adults $10
Children under 13 free
Now the money has nothing to do with it, but when did a 13 year old become an adult??
In my opion he's still a kid, so why should he pay full price??
There was no half price at all? Who makes these rules
Can we challange them??
B T W we had a great day, and the money some of these people spend on cars is awesome

Fred

KevM
15th January 2007, 12:36 PM
How old is an adult??

Fred

Only 12 if you are flying.

Stuart
15th January 2007, 02:00 PM
Over 25 if you judge it by car drivers. Frikin idiots.

Grunt
15th January 2007, 02:03 PM
I'm 46 and I haven't quite grown up yet.

Waldo
15th January 2007, 02:16 PM
How old is an adult??Fred

G'day,

For my 2¢ at 18 you're still immature, 21 and you're getting a bit wiser but still need some growing up to do. Sound like an old phart don't I?

I'll agree with Stuart and say 25. I'll also go with Grunt and say that no matter how wrinkly we are there's always the kid in us that wants to go roaring down the footpath on a Cyclops etc.

masoth
15th January 2007, 03:03 PM
Well it's only in the last five years that I have behaved as a teenager.

soth:doh:

Barry_White
15th January 2007, 07:43 PM
In the Old Testament in the Bible a Male Jew wasn't considered an adult until the age of thirty.

Shedhand
15th January 2007, 07:46 PM
My wife keeps telling me to grow up....one day maybe.... :cool:

Wild Dingo
15th January 2007, 09:14 PM
Im never gonna be a dult! NEVER EVER... SO THERE!!! :q

You know sometimes I think we as "older youth" get carried away with our own importance and our lives become so fixated with the serious stuff that we forget to smile laugh and just RELAX... Theres a time to be serious for sure but even then in the light of the most serious of things one can still find things to smile about... trouble is us "older youth" tend to think its childish being foolish carrying on like a kid... but really is that soo bad?

Serious has its place... but to keep yourself "adjusted" try smiling being a galah in public and just generally enjoying yourself we save our serious sides for when the kids are abed and snoring then we discuss the serious stuff of life... enjoy life its the only buggar we get why waste the whole thing being serious gruff and mucho? Waste of a life in my book!

Shedhand
15th January 2007, 09:32 PM
Im never gonna be a dult! NEVER EVER... SO THERE!!! :q

You know sometimes I think we as "older youth" get carried away with our own importance and our lives become so fixated with the serious stuff that we forget to smile laugh and just RELAX... Theres a time to be serious for sure but even then in the light of the most serious of things one can still find things to smile about... trouble is us "older youth" tend to think its childish being foolish carrying on like a kid... but really is that soo bad?

Serious has its place... but to keep yourself "adjusted" try smiling being a galah in public and just generally enjoying yourself we save our serious sides for when the kids are abed and snoring then we discuss the serious stuff of life... enjoy life its the only buggar we get why waste the whole thing being serious gruff and mucho? Waste of a life in my book!Can you send this homily to my missus at SWMBO@toobloody serious.com
:U

Groggy
15th January 2007, 09:51 PM
In the Old Testament in the Bible a Male Jew wasn't considered an adult until the age of thirty.What about a female?

SPIRIT
15th January 2007, 10:09 PM
my swmbo has 3 kids no way l am going to get old man life is for the living :2tsup: 42 and still playing

Wongo
15th January 2007, 11:11 PM
Over 35 with at least 1 kid.:cool:

Landseka
16th January 2007, 01:35 PM
Like they say, growing old is compulsary but growing up or not is by choice.

Regards

Neil.