PDA

View Full Version : Daewoo lathes

Grryphon
16th January 2007, 05:02 PM
G'day Guys,
I'm currently purchasing a Daewoo ED-18 (420x900mm) Lathe and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this machine. It doesn't have it's original manual so I would be interested in getting hold of one to suit. I have been given a delivery weight of 2200kg by the seller which seems high for a 900mmBC machine, can anyone confirm this? I.ve tried all over the Web to find information on this lathe but there doesn't seem to be anything available.:no:
I'd really appreciate any info you can offer on this machine.
Thanks. Cheers, Steve.:;

Gunnaduit
16th January 2007, 06:13 PM
Suggest you email Tony Griffiths who runs
http://www.lathes.co.uk/
and is way too much into knowing about lathe types, but for you that's good.

If the weight's right maybe its a toolroom lathe or something weird like a turret lathe; anyway with that hunk of metal you won't be getting chattering on a deep cut!

Grryphon
16th January 2007, 08:10 PM
Thanks. That's a very impessive site! Yes he does seem to know way too much to be healthy:D The daewoo is a toolroom lathe but it still seems an unlikely weight this is a picture of the unit in question.

Article99
17th January 2007, 01:27 AM
Sure wish I had one of those suckers in my shed. :)

Grryphon
26th January 2007, 06:20 PM
As it turned out me too... Sadly when it was pre-delivery checked, it was found to have a VERY dead gearbox, so the deal never happened:~ ......Ah Well! Looking at a similar Taiwanese machine now. Here's hoping!!

Article99
30th January 2007, 09:28 PM
We've got a 'Yang' branded lathe at work. Apart from an 'iffy thread chaser, it seems to work quite well. Might be worth a look if you can find one.:2tsup: