PDA

View Full Version : PEG1000 availablity in small amounts

ChrisHo
20th January 2007, 03:25 PM
Hi
I work south of Hobart .Anyone aware of where you can buy small amounts of PEG1000(polyethylene Glycol 1000)in Hobart or Australia as I can only find Swift&Co (ph1300658663 ), who sell 230kg (44gallon drum ) for $1540 .Thats around $5 per kilo i am told.
Anyone in Hobart interested in dividing up one of these drums to give the stuff a go ?
Very good at dimensionally stabilising green timber and apparently eliminates face checking.Been used pre/during WW2 for this purpose for gun stocks by military.Very popular in USA & Britain for carving & green turning stuff as well as keeping table tops very flat & stable.PM me if interested
Chris

bsrlee
21st January 2007, 07:48 PM
Lee Valley online & mail order sell the stuff by the pound (1/2 kilo). Airnmail takes about 1 week, surface 3 months. Then its only as far as your mail box.

regretably, I'm not related, just a happy customer.

The Bird
7th March 2007, 11:46 PM
Howdy
I have been using a Mobil product , used to be called mobilsur end grain sealant, I bought a 44 gallon drum (yeh I know, its a bit over the top Ive got a lot of stuff) about half the price your looking at, I'll get the product details tomorrow and let you know, they let you pay online and prompt delivery.

woodwork wally
23rd April 2007, 02:14 PM
Hi Go to woodwork wally thread and check out data there You may not need that PEG regards Wally :2tsup: