PDA

View Full Version : How much and is it worth it?

squashedfrog1
22nd January 2007, 02:35 PM
Got the quote on the new shed a few weeks back, put in for the building permit etc etc, go back to shed mob and their quote has gone up by $1000! errrr?
For sisalation and mesh they tell me.
Now, question number one - what exactly does the sisalation do, how well does it do it and number 2, is it worth having?

Going thru my Robot trading catalogue, I priced the same sisal and mesh at around $400. A long way from the $1000 they wanted to charge for supply only.

SF

DJ’s Timber
22nd January 2007, 03:08 PM
IMHO the sisulation makes a huge difference. I have two sheds, one with and one without and you can tell the difference as soon as you walk in the door.

It also stops condensation forming and dripping on those cold mornings

squashedfrog1
22nd January 2007, 07:32 PM
dj,

do you think it makes a difference in temperature as well as stopping the condensation?

I was going to ask if anyone insulates their sheds and if so what did you use and how effective do you think it is?

sf

DJ’s Timber
22nd January 2007, 07:44 PM
I can't really comment on the temp difference as mine has the insulation batts as well. I do know that it helps to stop the heat radiating through the tin.

rick_rine
22nd January 2007, 09:12 PM
It does make a big difference in temperature . If its just a garden shed I wouldn't worry but if its a workshop I'd deffinetly do it . My workshop at the farm had just sisalation (no bats) and was warm in winter and cool in summer compared to the shed here in town which has no sisalation and is very hot in the day and freezing at night . It is about $120 a roll I think .
Rick