PDA

View Full Version : Until the day I die

Wongo
28th January 2007, 11:34 PM
I met my wife 12 years ago, I was a uni student and she worked in a department store. We fell in love pretty much right from the beginning. 2 years late, on 1st February, 1997, we made a commitment to each others. We became man and woman, husband and wife.

Life wasn’t always smooth in the beginning. I was still on my visa and had no permission to work. She wasn’t enjoying her work in retails but we were always positive.

Today, after 10 years and through hard work, luck and help from families, we were able to build a close and loving family. We are blessed with 2 beautiful daughters. It has been 10 years and it has been great. Thanks you my love.

Sometimes when I look in the mirror I see a very lucky person, a lucky and grateful person.

dazzler
28th January 2007, 11:45 PM
Yes but what if you had have gone with that other chick you met :?

fred.n
29th January 2007, 07:21 AM
Ahhhhhhh yes................the other woman????. I'd be.......

Doughboy
29th January 2007, 08:28 AM
Good to see someone out there has paid tribute to their long suffering wife. Congrats for the big day Wongo and Mrs Wongo ten years these days is truely extra-ordinary, hope you two have several more decades of fun, love and compromises ahead of you.

I am on course for my ten anniversary on 26 April. I am wondering what the tenth anniversary is? Is it the lint anniversary no I dont think so ..... It is tin or aluminium... does that mean it is acceptable to go out buy a boat and go fishing? Perhaps not.

I was once asked if I was a married man .... I replied I am not married I am happily married.

Pete

johnc
29th January 2007, 08:38 AM
After 26 years of wedded bliss I would say that it only works while you are both working at it, and the rules of engagement seem to change over the years as kids arrive careers change etc. It really is worth the work and the rewards are great.:2tsup:

silentC
29th January 2007, 09:06 AM
Congrats for yesterday Mr & Mrs Wong.

It's our 10th this year too - March 15. I can honestly say that 11 years ago I had no idea that I would be sitting here in Pambula with two kids and a wife up in the house. I was a confirmed bachelor and kids were out of the question. Then along came this nutter who was silly enough to marry me. Funny how these things turn out.

Termite
29th January 2007, 09:18 AM
Congratulations Mr & Mrs Wongo. Just goes to show the benefits of a university education, you got it right the first time. Some of us education deprived types take three times to get it right. :p

Doughboy
29th January 2007, 09:30 AM
The wife reckons you should buy her a roll of alfoil and send her back to the kitchen!!!!

If that is not thinking outside the square I dont know what is.

Pete

Cliff Rogers
29th January 2007, 10:35 AM
Good on ya Mr. Wong. :2tsup:
I (bearly) made it to 12 years the first time & this time will be 10 years in September.

TassieKiwi
29th January 2007, 10:54 AM
Onyer Wongo - so that's what the chair was for?:wink:

I wish i felt the same mate - my 10yrs passed last November, and after this weekend I really wonder if I made the right choice. :?

Good for you.

Den

AlexS
30th January 2007, 09:59 PM
Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Wong. You are both very fortunate people, as are your beautiful children.

E. maculata
30th January 2007, 10:04 PM
Congrats Mr & Mrs Wongo good to hear, it's all plain sailing from here on in.

Bruce C.
(21 years last year(teenagers) & we can still stand the sight of one another, and the kids too:2tsup: )

Wongo
30th January 2007, 10:11 PM
Thanks guys.

We went to climb the Sydney harbour bridge yesterday. That was pretty cool. Today was the Jasmin’s first day at school. I don’t know why she was so excited about it. Poor thing. :D

We left Emily with the in-laws and went to yum cha. I took her to the movies for the first time and even worse I let her chose what to see, Miss Potter.:- I hope it is not against the code.:D

Oh well, it is her day after all.:)

Gumby
30th January 2007, 10:17 PM
I think it's great that you can post those sentiments mate.

All the best for the next 10. :wink:

scooter
30th January 2007, 11:11 PM
Goodonya Scott, yer missus told us you were a softy :D

RufflyRustic
31st January 2007, 09:03 AM
Congratulations Wongo! A little reminiscing is very good for the soul sometimes :)

Cheers
Wendy

Studley 2436
31st January 2007, 09:43 AM
Onyer Wongo - so that's what the chair was for?:wink:

I wish i felt the same mate - my 10yrs passed last November, and after this weekend I really wonder if I made the right choice. :?

Good for you.

Den

Sympathetic there for sure Den. Love the bit about the rules of engagement. I've found that it is much better to play Sargeant Major because girls will be girls and my 9 year old daughter is more mature than my wife at times.

Yep the old tactic of trenching in and waiting for things to subside was no good at all. Have to enforce rules on all of them be prepared to cop a fair bit and also be determined to just suck it in and not compromise on the rules.

Sucks doesn't it?

Studley