PDA

View Full Version : 35 watt walnut tube amp

ciscokid
29th January 2007, 12:17 PM
Nothing fancy like some of the guitars being built here, but here is the amp I just finished. 35 watts, V-Front cab, solid Californian black walnut with Danish oil finish.

Hope you like it.

Malibu
29th January 2007, 12:25 PM
Style and class!
A nice piece of work, I like it :2tsup:

ps: How's it sound?

dayvo
29th January 2007, 12:31 PM
Very nice:cool:
Is it a kit, or did you build the amp from scratch?

TassieKiwi
29th January 2007, 12:55 PM
Gotta luuurve that walnut.

RobP
29th January 2007, 04:34 PM
Hi CK
Nice result. I am at the planning stage of a scratch built twin 35 at the moment and still casting around for ideas. Would you mind sharing the schematic with us?
Thanks
Rob

old_picker
29th January 2007, 09:53 PM
Bet that is one loud amp with 10 mile of tone.

What are those speakers??
What volume before it starts breaking??
Do you build smaller [watts] amps.??

ciscokid
29th January 2007, 11:16 PM
Dayvo - Yes. I built it from scratch using a kit from Kendrick amplifiers. I don't normally like kits because too many of the components are not the best, but Kendrick Amplifiers are a boutique company and his kits are loaded with all the goodies. Including his massive hand wired transformers. Reason enough to buy from him.

Rob P - I have a flatbed scanner at home and will try to scan the schematic into a jpeg. Hopefully it will still be readable.

Old Picker - The speakers are Tone Tubbies. Very nice speakers, but not for the faint of pocketbook. She starts to get some hair on her at about 4 with smooth breakup from that point on. I just use the master volume on the guitar to tame it. And yes, I do indeed build small amplifiers. As a matter of fact, this is as big as I will go. I am particularly fond of building boutique versions of Fender's old '59 5F1 circuit. They called it the Champ. Here's one I made last spring out of canarywood. I'm just not real pleased with the grill cloth and may redo it.

Oh, and here's a shot of my venerable '64 blonde Bassman. What a workhorse!

Harry72
29th January 2007, 11:31 PM
Sweet looking set up mate!