PDA

View Full Version : Chinese (PRC) Bandsaw

hoarenet
8th June 2003, 09:15 PM
:confused: Does anyone know what brands of bandsaw would be identical to the one in the attached picture? It has 8 inch dimeter wheels and a capacity of 190mm. Almost everything is alloy but reasonable quality given total price of euros 59.00. Guides top and bottom appear to be black plastic or nylon blocks with a side mounted sealed roller bearings.

Initially nothing seemd to cut properly but after reading a lot of extremely usefull info about settings etc on this forum and armed with the info have reset various things. Including getting the table to sit flat without moving around and now get quite good cuts using lines drawn on the wood with no fence.

Thanks
Trevor Hoare

PS Because I don't have a Hyperlink for the picture I can't attach it.

JackoH
9th June 2003, 10:18 AM
In the current issue of the "Australian Wood Review"(No 39). There is a very good article on tuning bandsaws. .

Neil
11th June 2003, 11:22 AM
You don't need a hyperlink to attach a photo, it can be done directly from your computer by adding it as an attached file. This is found below the section you type in and above the Submit button, when you add a post, edit a post, reply to a post, etc.

See the pic below. It was put on this way.

Cheers - Neil :)

PS Just make sure it is a reasonale size before you put it on.

hoarenet
12th June 2003, 10:19 PM
Cheers John. I have attached a photo of the bandsaw now. So you can see what I'm talking about. The purchase price was equivalent to GBP39. It works well though.
http://www.ubeaut.biz/sbs.jpg

hoarenet
12th June 2003, 10:27 PM
Sorry the image is so large. First time I've attached a picture in this forum.

'taint too big now. :D

hoarenet
12th June 2003, 10:34 PM
Cheers a lot Neil. I replied with a picture to John Hambly. I did read your note re picture size but it came out a bit large. Never mind TKS for the info and a very usefull forum.