PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone like the Triton 184 mm saw?

Tiger
4th February 2007, 12:16 AM
I've had the Triton 235 mm saw for a while and it's a good saw. I need a smaller, say 184 mm saw for general use. I've held the Triton 184 mm saw in my hands and it felt reasonable, maybe I was attracted to the colour :cool: . But, I haven't seen too much about it here in the Forum and what I have seen has been largely negative. Anyone out there bought the 184 mm Triton and been happy with it in terms of accuracy etc.? Or is it totally unlike its more famous version which is the 235 mm saw which I leave in the workcentre?

Tiger
6th February 2007, 01:05 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">So, I gather from the lack of responses that no one likes or has bought the Triton 184 mm saw. With that in mind, I won't be buying it either. I had hoped it was a scaled down version of the great 235 mm saw. Oh well...
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Stuart
6th February 2007, 06:32 PM
I had hoped it was a scaled down version of the great 235 mm saw. Oh well...It certainly isn't that. There is another thread recently by someone who had purchased one, and their opinions etc. Might be worth a look (at the thread)

Superbunny
10th April 2008, 09:39 PM
Hi
I've got the Triton 184mm saw and I think it's the best I've used for a long time. It's well balanced and powerful and does a great job. I would buy another one if it died on me. I use it for my special jobs where I want a good smooth freehand cut. :U

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">So, I gather from the lack of responses that no one likes or has bought the Triton 184 mm saw. With that in mind, I won't be buying it either. I had hoped it was a scaled down version of the great 235 mm saw. Oh well...

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Shannon Nash
10th April 2008, 09:47 PM
I have a Makita 185mm. It is gold accurate powerful and has done heaps and heaaps of work without missing a beat. (except when my uncle borrowed it and cut the cord in half and it it now decidely shorter!)
Haven't used the Triton so can't comment but you can't go wrong with Makita in this tool!

Burnsy
10th April 2008, 10:05 PM
In my opinion don't buy a 185mm saw if you have the 235 already. Buy a 160mm makita (http://www.makita.com.au/product.asp?ContentID=5606b) mine has been my favourite saw ever since I have bought it. I have done numerous decks and fences since its purchase and have found that I have no use for anything bigger on site, especially when the LS1013 is there for docking big stuff. My 9 1/4 stays at home.

The 160mm saws are well balanced, light to use and give a great cut with the standard makita blade.