PDA

View Full Version : Wedded Bliss - NOT

Shedhand
7th February 2007, 04:05 PM
Well guys and gals, my bad news day has arrived. My marriage is officially over. :( The lawyers are talkin. :(( I finally get a decent shed after 35 years and now after only 12 or so months I lose it. :C I've had to hire a lockup storage for all my tools and timber. Bugger. Blame it on the renovation project. :((

Anyone out there with a spare paddock near a shed where I can pitch a tent for a while? Somewhere warmish but not an inferno. Can pay my way. :-

johnc
7th February 2007, 04:20 PM
Sheddie,

Sorry to hear about your news, apparently renovations can be hell. Hopefully you will find a new shed soon, although that may not be the first priority.

John

Bleedin Thumb
7th February 2007, 04:32 PM
Sheddie, sorry to hear that but admit the line about the renovation made me laugh, I bet its been the downfall of a few relationships.

Every cloud has a silver lining so they say, it takes a bit of time to see it sometimes though.

jmk89
7th February 2007, 04:41 PM
Divorce is never an easy time for either party in my experience.

One piece of advice from my professional experience - do not say what you feel like saying unless you have written it down, put it in the bottom drawer, had a good night's sleep read it again and you still consider that it is the right thing to say. And then get your lawyer to say it (so you can disown it later, if you need to...)

Good luck in finding a new shed

Jeremy

RufflyRustic
7th February 2007, 05:42 PM
Good luck Sheddie!

Wendy

tameriska
7th February 2007, 05:47 PM
Sorry to hear that. Good luck, hope things get better for you.

chrisb691
7th February 2007, 05:53 PM
Sorry to hear that, and all the best.

watson
7th February 2007, 05:55 PM
Bugger...........

Drink it now

Regards,
Noel

Shedhand
7th February 2007, 05:56 PM
Divorce is never an easy time for either party in my experience.

One piece of advice from my professional experience - do not say what you feel like saying unless you have written it down, put it in the bottom drawer, had a good night's sleep read it again and you still consider that it is the right thing to say. And then get your lawyer to say it (so you can disown it later, if you need to...)

Good luck in finding a new shed

JeremyThanks for the advice cobber. This is my second time (first time 15 years, this time 18 years. You'd think I'd learn. [shrugs]) around so I have an idea what I need to do. Its all very sad but amicable. I don't need much, just a Billy and a blanket. Tools can stay in storage until I find some suitable digs.

ptc
7th February 2007, 05:57 PM
Are you any where near Me. ?

KevM
7th February 2007, 06:00 PM
Are you any where near Me. ?

He could be after he moves out :U

He's currently closer to me.

Kev

Gra
7th February 2007, 06:05 PM
good luck sheddie, remember if you need someone to talk to, there is usually someone here

Look after yourself

dai sensei
7th February 2007, 06:45 PM
...Its all very sad but amicable....

That's until you start talking money. Been there and back twice myself and I'm still paying for it financially :C :~

All the best mate. You could always take a holiday up on the Gold Coast where the weather is a bit better :U

Shedhand
7th February 2007, 07:21 PM
That's until you start talking money. Been there and back twice myself and I'm still paying for it financially :C :~

All the best mate. You could always take a holiday up on the Gold Coast where the weather is a bit better :UNo problems. I'm giving her the house unencumbered and all bar 20k of my super and all the furniture and a new car I bought her for her birthday a couple of years ago. Pretty fair I reckon but just watch the effing lawyers mess it up. :~ At least there are no kids to worry about.
My dying brother lives on the Gold Coast. Might trundle up that way for a visit and call in on my new great grand daughter in Sydney. Then I just want to make some wooden things. Not wanting much else.

Bugger...........

Drink it now

Regards,
Noel yep, i reckon i just might. Gotta get me some anti-histamine things.
Cheers

DJ’s Timber
7th February 2007, 07:21 PM
Sorry to hear about your bit of bother, hope things work out for ya

Shedhand
7th February 2007, 07:28 PM
Are you any where near Me. ?No but I was on the NW Coast once for ten years. You probably know of me though.

Bluegum
7th February 2007, 08:30 PM
Hey Shedhand, Sorry to hear mate about what your going through. I went through it 6 years ago and I wouldn't wish it on any one. Keep your chin up there mate and look after yourself. If you need to yak then I reckon that most of us here on the forum would be only to happy to listen.

Gumby
7th February 2007, 08:33 PM
Sorry to hear the news SH. :(

Whatever you do, keep the bloody lawyers out of it or you'll both end up with nothing. :((

echnidna
7th February 2007, 08:49 PM
Sorry to hear that sheddie, at least it is amicable and I hope it stays that way for you.

Shedhand
7th February 2007, 09:46 PM
Thanks again guys. Its been a traumatic couple of years for me and therefore her i have to say. Had to leave the job I loved. Had to sell the house I loved, lost the woman I loved, now losing the shed I love. I hope to christ there's something else. Don't want to sound sorry for myself but in the end I've slaved my guts out all my life (helping other people out - by choice admittedly) and all for few tools and a few bucks in the bank. Ah well. Wish I were 25 and not damn 55. Hard to start out again now.

Wood Borer
7th February 2007, 09:46 PM
Not nice news Shedhand, I hope it turns out as best as it can for all concerned except for the lawyers.

Lignum
7th February 2007, 09:57 PM
Bad luck Sheddie. Just remember, when it turns nasty they will try to kick you where it hurts so what ever you do, hide the Vinyl:~

scooter
7th February 2007, 10:08 PM
Best of luck, Mike.

Master Splinter
7th February 2007, 10:31 PM
Been there, done that.

After three years of 'finalising' things with the ex I have come to the stage where I've got no desire to set myself up to repeat the process.

Instead I do fun blokey stuff for the amusement of myself and my kids, and the opposite sex can quite simply GTFO - after all, there's plenty of free pr0ns on teh intarwebs!11!

fred.n
7th February 2007, 10:53 PM
I feel for ya Sheddie

Seems like you have settled it without to much interference from the lawyers....so far.........one can only hope it stays that way

All the best.......try and get a big shed somewhere, where you can also sleep in it??

Hang in there Brother

hoody
8th February 2007, 02:14 AM
I feel for ya Sheddie

Seems like you have settled it without to much interference from the lawyers....so far.........one can only hope it stays that way

All the best.......try and get a big shed somewhere, where you can also sleep in it??

Hang in there Brother
Sheddy, been a tough two years for me too. The woman you loved hurts the most. Time heals they say and im lucky to still have house shed and kids and job and ive even become almost the happy bloke again. But anyway i have a paddock and wood and peace and quiet and also an empty donga up in cq where its raining for a change. Feel free to feel welcome for a while and get out of that space thats full of lonliness. Bob

Schtoo
8th February 2007, 02:26 AM
Shoot. :(

Good luck, I hope you don't need any of it.

MurrayD99
8th February 2007, 05:41 AM
Can't add one useful thing to all the above - good luck fella.

Shedhand
8th February 2007, 09:03 AM
What a fantastic bunch you lot are. I pay a 100 bucks an hour to talk to my shrink. I get more out of you lot than i do talkin to her. I just sacked her.
Where's the couch forum?:weeping:

....It all began when i was little...............:cry4:

Shedhand
8th February 2007, 09:07 AM
Bad luck Sheddie. Just remember, when it turns nasty they will try to kick you where it hurts so what ever you do, hide the Vinyl:~over 300 cds and 40 vinyls....all mine. She doesn't like my taste in music luckily. :2tsup:

Honorary Bloke
8th February 2007, 10:22 AM
I pay a 100 bucks an hour to talk to my shrink.

Sheddie,

I will talk to you for $80 an hour plus phone rates. :roll: :biggrin2: :meg:

Grunt
8th February 2007, 04:29 PM
Honorary Bloke, you should spell your name like an Aussie. It should be 'Honourary Bloke'

watson
8th February 2007, 05:38 PM
Sorry Grunt,
He's right...according to the Oxford dictionary.

Regards,
Noel

Driver
8th February 2007, 06:30 PM
Sorry Grunt,
He's right...according to the Oxford dictionary.

Regards,
Noel

Even more accurately, he's right according to the Macquarie Dictionary!

Shedhand
8th February 2007, 06:30 PM
Yep. What Noel said. Honour loses the 'u' when the 'ary' is added.
Says the former Honorable Member.. :U

Honorary Bloke
8th February 2007, 11:15 PM
Even more accurately, he's right according to the Macquarie Dictionary!

That's the one that counts. Am I right your honour? :D :rolleyes:

Grunt
9th February 2007, 01:16 AM
Bugger, that's what you get when you trust the Internet.

Shedhand
9th February 2007, 09:02 AM
Has my misery been hijacked? :C
Went to lawyer yesterday. He bought in a matrimonial expert lawyer. Told 'em what I wanted to do. Geez, thats very generous they said. Its what I wanted I said. The family court won't certify it because they will say its unfair to you they said. Find another way I said. They did. Saved myself 7 or 8 grand in stamp duty on transferring my share of home to her.

jmk89
9th February 2007, 09:29 AM
Are you saying that the lawyers helped you save money!!!

I shall have to report them for breaches of the professional standards -

But really, it is good to hear that they did help, if that is what they did

RufflyRustic
9th February 2007, 09:32 AM
Good one Sheddie! saving $$ and getting what you want (well, kinda :rolleyes: ) is pretty good!

Cheers
Wendy

Honorary Bloke
9th February 2007, 09:40 AM
Has my misery been hijacked? :C

Sheddie, sometimes misery NEEDS a bit of hijacking, just to keep it in perspective. :wink: A good number of us have been in your position and we feel your pain. Just trying to get you to shoot through to the other side. :)

Grunt
9th February 2007, 10:27 AM
It's gotta be more fun than talking about divorce.

RETIRED
9th February 2007, 12:36 PM
Sheddie.

Make sure that you get a legal document signed by your "ex" wife that she will make no further claim on you.

My ex and I had an amicable divorce. Same siruation, she got house, car and most everything else. My decision. I used to go around and fix stuff for her, installed a new kitchen etc.

Julie (my new wife) and I used to have a cup of tea etc and chat quite often with her.

THEN, she got a new bloke and did he create hell. I found myself back in the Family court facing all sorts of allegations and she wanted more.

I won but it created a mess for about 12 months and cost a fortune.

Honorary Bloke
9th February 2007, 12:39 PM
Sheddie.

Make sure that you get a legal document signed by your "ex" wife that she will make no further claim on you.

Amen. :(

Shedhand
9th February 2007, 12:43 PM
Sheddie.

My ex and I had an amicable divorce. Same siruation, she got house, car and most everything else. My decision. I used to go around and fix stuff for her, installed a new kitchen etc.

Julie (my new wife) and I used to have a cup of tea etc and chat quite often with her.

THEN, she got a new bloke and did he create hell. I found myself back in the Family court facing all sorts of allegations and she wanted more.

I won but it created a mess for about 12 months and cost a fortune.They preparing the document as we speak. :wink:

jmk89
9th February 2007, 03:11 PM
They preparing the document as we speak. :wink:
Read what you wrote - just as well they [are] doing it, not you:U

keith53
9th February 2007, 03:17 PM
Sorry to hear about your hassles Sheddie. Hope everything works out well for you.

Cheers,
Keith

graemet
9th February 2007, 05:23 PM
Sorry about your breakup Sheddie, I've been there, done that. (after 32 years, too.) Bloody lawyers bled me dry, and I thought I'd cut me throat, but 10 years later, I've rebuilt and recovered so that I can afford to (almost) retire. Thanks to Uncle Johnny in Canberra, the super will be enough without tax to be liveable and also permit the purchase of some timber and tools - but not a Domi.
Chin up and all that stuff.
Cheers
Graeme