PDA

View Full Version : Wet Thicknesser

Howdya do that
12th February 2007, 07:28 AM
Yesterday after noon my son hurt himself and I had to take him to the emergency department. He is fine but in the rush my thicknesser got left out the front of the shed and we had a storm:doh: .
I blew it down with the air compressor and sprayed WD40 all over it. Do you suggest I do anything other than leave it for a few days before I try to start it?

squashedfrog1
12th February 2007, 08:04 AM
Ya,

waiting for these replies here too. Only it wasnt a storm that wet my tools. Twas the fire department.

sf

Dan
12th February 2007, 09:12 AM
If you've got earth leakage protection on your power points, plug it in and turn it on. If it runs, give it some work. A bit of heat and dust will help to get rid of any moisture still in the machine.

Or leave it for a couple of days.:U

BobL
12th February 2007, 09:30 AM
Air compressor and WD40 were an excellent first start but the best advice I can give you is to take the unit to a suitaby qualified person to get it checked for shorting etc. However if you are willing to risk it, take as many panels covers etc of as you can and park it in the sun for a day or preferably two or 3, rotating it every couple of hours, plaving it on its side, upside down etc which will help drain any remaining water out of it. When you first turn it on stand well back next to the power socket so you can turn it off if necessary. Then I would let it run for a good 15 minutes or so to warnm up.

TEEJAY
12th February 2007, 06:15 PM
Good to see you are getting some rain out west :)

Howdya do that
13th February 2007, 08:01 AM
Good to see you are getting some rain out west :)

I probably should have left it a lot sooner TJ:rolleyes:

Cliff Rogers
13th February 2007, 08:54 AM
Heat, air movement & time is all it needs.

If it still has water when the sparky tests it, it will fail.

Do you have any sun at present?
Sit it in the sun with a fan blowing air on it.

Another option is to put it in an Air Conditioned room with a fan on it.
The air is much dryer in A/C rooms.