PDA

View Full Version : Kanga

simso
12th February 2007, 09:49 AM
Love doing intarsia, so I thought Id post something to try and kick the thread along
Steve

Harry72
12th February 2007, 02:23 PM
When you said Kanga... I was thinking "what a skid steer loader"!

Nice work very Australiana.

ss_11000
12th February 2007, 04:56 PM
cool:clap:

Buzza
12th February 2007, 11:20 PM
Top job. I've seen this one before and I reckon it's a great picture. :2tsup:

mongrell
13th February 2007, 08:27 AM
good to see someone actually post some work . well done mate . is gekko timbers stil in operation ? tried to contact them couple days ago no luck

simso
13th February 2007, 08:51 AM
Yeh I dont know mate, Ive conatcted them by email as well and no reply, well done guessing who did the original design
Steve

TimberNut
13th February 2007, 09:01 AM
nice work !!!

I've nearly finished my first attempt at Intarsia. I hope to have it posted here next week. (gotta make a frame for it first, then take some pics to post).

well done!

There must be more Intarsia being made out there, let's keep this thread going.

oges
15th February 2007, 02:42 PM
Nice work, sure do like the other patterns in that intarsia book too

Alex
5th March 2007, 11:47 PM
Never have done any intarsia work and all experiences about it is what I've seen in the magazines. Could you please give me an information about thicknes of the timber you are working with. As much as I can see that would be around 3-5 mm, and as much as I can see a lot of sanding is involved by means of shapping all those pieces of timber.

Beforehand grateful

P.S. By the way finished project looks realy impresive. Finish you've applied is ????????

simso
6th March 2007, 09:26 AM
Okay, wood is western red cedar whicih is really soft and easily sanded, overall thickness was 10mm and then sanded down to profile the job, maybe 5mm at the thinnest section, its all up to you for profiling. The finish is my own concoction mix, but basically a type of wipe on poly
Steve